Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I cannot find 12 volt socket in 2022 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there is no 12 volt socket and there is no spare tire, how am I going to pump up a flat tire in the middle of California desert?
It's called Low Voltage Power Socket in your manual. Please open your center console and It's just below the 2 cup holders.

There has never been a spare tire in any of Tesla cars so your case is expected until consumers would demand Tesla to design one.

Tesla relies on Road assistance service but I think it's only free while your car is under warranty.

Some have bought spare tire and the tools so they can do it themselves.

It's called Low Voltage Power Socket in your manual. Please open your center console and It's just below the 2 cup holders.

There has never been a spare tire in any of Tesla cars so your case is expected until consumers would demand Tesla to design one.

Tesla relies on Road assistance service but I think it's only free while your car is under warranty.

Some have bought spare tire and the tools so they can do it themselves.
I heard in some States, Tesla actually includes a air pump kit in the Frunk. I don't know if the do that anymore.

What Tam said. Here's the page in your manual.

Furthermore, many cars no longer include a spare tire. AAA is a great service, I'm told, but I've never used it.
With cars that don't have spare, they put run flat tires on. Good luck if you need to wait for AAA to save you. My wife had a flat on her Model S. Tesla roadside came with a spare and took the bad tire back. But that was in an urban area. I am worried about in the middle of nowhere and service center is miles away.

Reactions: Prairie
I heard in some States, Tesla actually includes a air pump kit in the Frunk. I don't know if the do that anymore.
No. Not possible. Tesla has been trying its best to reduce and simplify the options and variations.

Tesla does have an air pump kit in front and you can see by lifting up the frunk basin but not for the owner's use, it's dedicated to the air suspension system in Model S and X.

Reactions: October
With cars that don't have spare, they put run flat tires on. Good luck if you need to wait for AAA to save you. My wife had a flat on her Model S. Tesla roadside came with a spare and took the bad tire back. But that was in an urban area. I am worried about in the middle of nowhere and service center is miles away.

If it was important to me I guess I would have thought about those things before spending over a hundred thousand dollars on a car.

Lots of people travel long distances without a spare tire or any recovery equipment with them. The risks are quite low these days, especially considering we have cellphones and there are support services everywhere. AAA claims less than an hour response even in the remote parts of the country.

If you're really that worried about it I recommend getting a full sized spare and keeping it in the back of the vehicle. Keep in mind you'll need a jack and lug wrench as well. All those items will need to be properly secured to the vehicle so they don't damage the vehicle, themselves, or other occupants.

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
If it was important to me I guess I would have thought about those things before spending over a hundred thousand dollars on a car.

Lots of people travel long distances without a spare tire or any recovery equipment with them. The risks are quite low these days, especially considering we have cellphones and there are support services everywhere. AAA claims less than an hour response even in the remote parts of the country.

If you're really that worried about it I recommend getting a full sized spare and keeping it in the back of the vehicle. Keep in mind you'll need a jack and lug wrench as well. All those items will need to be properly secured to the vehicle so they don't damage the vehicle, themselves, or other occupants.
I was looking for the 12Volt outlet to plug in an air pump in case I need it. My 2014 Model S had it. My 2019 M3 has it. I was wondering whether there is one.

If there is no 12 volt socket and there is no spare tire, how am I going to pump up a flat tire in the middle of California desert?
Just tested the Tesla Roadside game. They say only tow 50 mile. They had no ability to come fix flat. I had it towed 25 miles to SC, since nobody near me had that tire in stock. $465 and 5 hours later I left the SC with a new tire. (Nail too near sidewall, so tire not repairable). I rode in with tow driver.

3F686567-C107-4092-BD49-245F043ABCB7.jpeg

Just tested the Tesla Roadside game. They say only tow 50 mile. They had no ability to come fix flat. I had it towed 25 miles to SC, since nobody near me had that tire in stock. $465 and 5 hours later I left the SC with a new tire. (Nail too near sidewall, so tire not repairable). I rode in with tow driver.

View attachment 769514
May be when it is time to replace the tires, I should pay a bit more and get run flat. At least it gets me out of the bind on a freeway.

Sorry that I misunderstood. You are talking about a portable air pump and I was thinking about a built-in air compressor that will be available in CyberTruck and Ford F150 Lightning to inflate your tires as well as to operate other Air Tools.

Tesla used to sell a portable self-inflated tire sealant can as well as a portable air inflator but I don't see them anymore.

Reactions: Pcm888usa

View attachment 769514
Good to know Mobile Tire isn't everywhere. I've been road tripping my 2021 MS LR around California. In October, I bought a Modern Spare before a road trip to Indio. However, the Modern Spare is kinda big. If my car is full for the road trip, I've been leaving the spare at home. (I know, it kinda defeats the point.)

A week ago, I was driving back home from Napa and hit something on the road. I got home safely. A few hours later, I had completely flat tire. While waiting for a tire replacement, I used the Modern Spare and limped around town. There is a front brake caliper fitment issue that can be solved with the included spacer; I have an e-mail with Modern Spare to find a better solution. I guess I will be keeping my spare on me on road trips in the boonies as Mobile Tire isn't everywhere.

Tesla SC charged $465 for a replacement P-Zero? $$$$$

Idk why y'all would think "mobile tire" would be available everywhere. Tesla may be big in everyone's minds, but is still very limited in reach. Outside of major metros there's no roadside, no mobile tire, no nada. An hour and half outside of Atlanta had a flat. Tried service. Nope. You're too far away. Tried tire shop. Nope, those tires have foam. Tried Walmart! Bingo! Crap tire put on till real replacement for $180, cheaper than the tow charge Tesla couldn't tell me what how much that woulda been. (this on a MY not my MS)... Road trips, be prepared people. At least get a can of fix a flat for temp situations to get you outta a Texas chainsaw massacre situation. Read up on road trips. Water, energy bars, and various other things are a must in emergencies.

Edit: although someone already replied. It's below the two USB c ports under a plastic flap in the center console, just push back the cup holders. It's there.

Good to know Mobile Tire isn't everywhere. I've been road tripping my 2021 MS LR around California. In October, I bought a Modern Spare before a road trip to Indio. However, the Modern Spare is kinda big. If my car is full for the road trip, I've been leaving the spare at home. (I know, it kinda defeats the point.)

A week ago, I was driving back home from Napa and hit something on the road. I got home safely. A few hours later, I had completely flat tire. While waiting for a tire replacement, I used the Modern Spare and limped around town. There is a front brake caliper fitment issue that can be solved with the included spacer; I have an e-mail with Modern Spare to find a better solution. I guess I will be keeping my spare on me on road trips in the boonies as Mobile Tire isn't everywhere.

Tesla SC charged $465 for a replacement P-Zero? $$$$$
It depends your replacement is front of rear. Tire Rack charges $471 for the rear. Around $370 for the front.