TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I can't access my Slacker Premium account

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by tomnisim, Mar 12, 2015.

1. tomnisim

tomnisim Member

I have a new P85D i just purchased slacker premium so i can listen to full albums and select songs but I cant figure out how to access my premium account in the car anyone know how to do that?

2. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Sure. Go to settings->apps->media app
    there you can enter your slacker login / password (and restore the Tesla account if you so chose at a later time)

3. Pete85D

Pete85D Member

I am in the same boat as Tomnisim; new P85D and purchased premium Slacker radio through my IPhone. I called Tesla Technical Support and other than giving me the coded User and Login numbers for my VIN, they offered no guidance. Now I have basic in the new car and Premium Slacker on my iPhone and obviously I want Premium Slacker in the Tesla. What do I do? I was born a generation (or 2) too early for this to be routine. Thanks in advance for the help.

4. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

Dirk's instructions were accurate. Hit the Controls button in the lower left corner of your touchscreen, then touch the Settings tab in the upper right, then pick Apps in the upper left, then the Media Player with the quarter note icon.

At that point, you might have to press Log Out to allow access to the email and password fields associated with your Slacker Premium account. Type them in the boxes, press Log In and viola!

Hope that helps.

5. Pete85D

Pete85D Member

Thanks, I will give it a shot.

6. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Yes, the instructions are accurate. I've been using my own Slacker Premium account in the car for a long time now.

7. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

What does the Slacker premium account give you over the "free" Tesla account?

I was thinking about upgrading, the things I'm looking for specifically are:
    1. Ability to play a full album
    2. Ability to replay the same song, without having to wait the 4 hour window.

I've heard mixed reviews about how well these 2 items work in the car, with the premium account (though they work perfectly on the computer with premium)

8. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

I do #1 all the time. The Tesla interface doesn't support it very well, so what I do is add the album via the web interface and then can play it whenever I like through the favorites menu. I'm not sure what #2 means. I have a playlist that contains a single song and I can play it as often as I like, but the "back" button on the player interface doesn't work so I cannot force a particular song to replay when it comes up as part of a station.

9. travwill

travwill Member

+1, use Slacker Premium also. Remember to turn on the higher quality on your account online.

10. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

For #2, my kids request to listen to a particular song "Play XYZ". I play it for them. They say "We want to hear it again!", So I try "Play XYZ", click the song again, and it's a licensing thing with the slacker free account, slacker can't play the same song again within 4 hours. So it plays a different song. And they get all disappointed, heh.

So it's likely worth the upgrade for me, thanks for the info.

11. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Yeah, my son and I have separate playlists - a feature that can be had only with Premium - and songs from there can be played over and over to our hearts' content.

12. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Yep, and you can skip backwards and forwards through the Playlist too. Odd that you can only skip forward with a saved Album.

13. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

You can save each track of the Album sequentially to a playlist as well, if you require the back skip functionality.

14. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I've actually done that... sort of. Made a compilation of my favorites from a particular artist into a Playlist. The other weird thing I find about Albums is that it doesn't seem to always play the songs in "album order". I get all the songs, but I think they might sometimes be randomized.