Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I cant believe I did it!!!!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week was the first time I had ever ridden in a Tesla, or ANY EV. My friend had just accepted delivery of his S model. He took me out on a country road and OMG!!!! As a retired Reserve LEO (my main job was an investment banker during the day) I had been involved in many high speed pursuits with a Crown Vic----I would have given a million dollars for the Tesla S model----it is a ROCKET!!!!!!!!! In fact my bet is the acceleration and torque of the S will make riders ill!!!!! hahaha It is a new life expreience! I currently own a Porsche Turbo S and have owned Viper, Corvette Porsche Targa and many different fast police vehicles----never---never have I experienced what the S produces!!! In fact I have to say i am a motor head and vowed never to buy an EV-----so much for that!!! Last week I actually order a Tesla Plaid!!!!!!! When I placed my order it gave me a March 2022 date for delivery---plenty of time to sell my Turbo S----NOT-----the next day they said I could be getting my white Plaid in Ft Myers Oct 2---5th!!!!!!! So stay tuned for my delivery this coming week. I really wish I could have used the Plaid being the "rabbit" for high speed pursuit training----the guys would have NEVER caught me!!!!!! Even WITH the Hughes 500! ;-). VERY EXCITED about this week!

Haha! I drove my neighbours' S one day and decided I had to have one! When I got my CPO P85D, I really had no idea of the wicked (insane) acceleration! I even took it our local 1/8 mile drags one time and when I was talking to techs and told them, they were all, "Awesome! Way to go man!" Try that with any other car make!