Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't believe the Model S is real.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ElSupreme

Model S 03182
Jan 13, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I am an engineer. I understand, generally, how the Model S works.
I have seen other premium, or luxury, vehicles. I have driven those vehicles.
I have a MVPA signed for a Model S. I read every day about other deliveries.
I have seen a Model S in videos driving around.
I have seen a Model S in person. I have driven it.

And yet after all of that I still am amazed that it really is real. Maybe once I start driving one every day the feeling will go away.

Right now it is pretty cool. But makes me impatient to get my Model S.

I look at it and say "It all makes so much sense.".
Tesla really is showing other (much older, more experienced) car companies how they could/should be doing things...

I feel like we have been living in the dark ages, and are finally starting to move out of it.

Raving fanboys, you all! ;)

Seriously, yes, I haven't been able to look at any other car in the same light anymore. Porsche? yawn... MB/BMW zzzz...

I really hope that this company goes places; they are making the most desirable product since sliced bread!

I know what you mean. Any car can be a beautiful car- but that gas guzzling engine on the inside makes it so hideous. The Model-S is beautiful inside-AND-outside.

Same goes for people. No matter how beautiful on the outside, it's easily ruined by what's on the inside ;)

I feel the same way.
The reviews are fantastic, I have test drove one, but I still think it may just stop working or it just cannot be - but it is. It is here and I am getting mine in about three weeks!!!!!! Vin number 720! Hard to believe it is finaly here. When I get it and it "works well" day after day, I am going to buy a lot more stock than I currently own!

I was driving home today in my Escalade with moderate road congestion. There were a few times I wanted to change lanes, but the gap between adjacent cars was only 2 car lengths. So I just smiled and thought how nice it will be to just stomp the go pedal on my future Model S (January) and grab that slot next time.
As I'm approaching the last days of my Prius as my daily driver I, too, find myself fantasizing about driving the Model S. I currently drive a route that maximizes fuel economy and avoids the more traffic heavy roads where people want to speed and are impatient with my more conservative hypermiling pace. I find myself smirking at kids in little ricers who take off with a ball of smoke, a bunch of noise and feel like they're accomplishing something by beating me to the next light..where I inevitably catch up to them.

But I'm excited to be able to take the more direct routes...crushing the ricers, and just enjoying the joy of luxury, power, speed and not giving it a second thought b/c I'll still be the most energy efficient car within 100 miles!

I still feel the same way after 1500 miles (or more)... It is such a departure from our roadsters that it truly amazes me every time I am in it. I can't believe it is here.

I also drove the new M5 last night... It is a great car and has some very cool features... It is just hard to get over that engine... So loud... So crass... So smelly... So hot... No thanks.

I also drove the new M5 last night... It is a great car and has some very cool features... It is just hard to get over that engine... So loud... So crass... So smelly... So hot... No thanks.
That sound isn't actually the engine - it's an MP3 version of a much better sounding engine. BMW has truly jumped the shark with this - playing electronic engine noise into the cabin.

It's in the top gear video and they talk about it, but still regard the m5 as the overall best car out there! It's so tacky to me that it should be a disqualifier.

This is clearly another mark that the days of ICE's are numbered. If BMW's and good sound systems existed around the time of the Model T, I suppose they'd be piping horse hoof sounds and clip-pity clops into a car to make drivers feel comfortable about a passing age.

I am an engineer. I understand, generally, how the Model S works.
And yet after all of that I still am amazed that it really is real. Maybe once I start driving one every day the feeling will go away.

Right now it is pretty cool. But makes me impatient to get my Model S.

It seems engineers arn't the fastest bunch ;) That's probably why the bigger compenies don't have a car like that hehe

But enough of joking, we all can't wait to the get the car.. or for me, at least a price for the car. I guess one of the most increadble features of this car is, that it makes so many people to buy it even thou the last car they bought wasn't half the price of a Model S.