Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't login to YouTube

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't log into YouTube from the web browser. I can sign in name but not password.
IMG_4358.jpeg

So login to plex.tv? The thread isn’t clear to me.
plex.tv is just an example of one site that offers google login. I assume this should work with any other site that uses google. The driving factor is that the authentication from the browser carries over to the YouTube app.

(And I agree, it wasn't clear to me at first why that should work)

Reactions: Koolio46
I was having the same issue where Plex TV login was no longer working for me.

I believe I figured out a fix that at least worked for me. Not sure if every step is necessary but don’t feel like logging out and trying again...

Open Tesla browser

Make sure you’re logged in to your Google account

Go to Google
Search YouTube TV
Click on YouTube TV result

This will open the YouTube app and take you directly to YouTube TV where you will be logged in.

Merry Christmas!

I believe I figured out a fix that at least worked for me. Not sure if every step is necessary but don’t feel like logging out and trying again...

Open Tesla browser

Go to Google
Search YouTube TV

This will open the YouTube app and take you directly to YouTube TV where you will be logged in.

Merry Christmas!
That works!

Reactions: Koolio46

Open Tesla browser

Go to Google
Search YouTube TV

Merry Christmas!

Wait, if your trying to log into Google to begin with, then how does "Make sure you’re logged in to your Google account" make sense, if I can't login to begin with.. then I can't be logged in to get to YouTube TV.. Plex no longer works for login, has the same security warning :(

Reactions: Jimt29 and WADan
Go to plex.tv and login using the google account credentials that is linked to your YouTube account. You may need to verify on another device that you are trying to login. After that open YouTube app, it should work.
Do you need to have a plex.tv account to do this? I tried it today and it froze up... but I did read the owners manual on the screen and we know that is forbidden and may have messed something up! LOL

Keith