Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't shift into gear fast enough. Fix it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
When I get into my 3, I tend to hit the brake to turn the car on and shift from P to R or D at the same time.

But that doesn't always work, the car needs a second or two to get going before it'll change gears, so that means I have to pause and keep my foot on the brake and go back and shift from P to R or D again before it'll go into gear.

Fix that, Tesla. It is an inconvenience to me.

When I get into my 3, I tend to hit the brake to turn the car on and shift from P to R or D at the same time.

But that doesn't always work, the car needs a second or two to get going before it'll change gears, so that means I have to pause and keep my foot on the brake and go back and shift from P to R or D again before it'll go into gear.

I just got off the phone with Elon...he pushed a fix to just your car. You should be good to go now.

I came here to post this exact same thing! Something changed with 2018.26.2 or .3. I've only had the car a few weeks, but when I first got it I could do a simultaneous brake pedal + shift to D. Now I have to wait for all of the indicator "lights" to go through their self test routine before I can shift to D or R.

Something has definitely changed!

I came here to post this exact same thing! Something changed with 2018.26.2 or .3. I've only had the car a few weeks, but when I first got it I could do a simultaneous brake pedal + shift to D. Now I have to wait for all of the indicator "lights" to go through their self test routine before I can shift to D or R.

Something has definitely changed!

Yep same for me. i had an old firmware for a week and then got updated to the latest. Some mornings now I have to wait about 30 seconds before I can move out. Before that, id get in and go.

LOL. I have the same annoyance. We are definitely spoiled.