Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't take it anymore!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok guys, what am I doing wrong?! My neck, my shoulders, my back are driving me nuts. I thought I was going to scream on the way back home (45 minute drive). I have tried every single position, tried numerous seat cushions.. I can't do it anymore. How can you guys possibly drive this car long trips? Someone send me some sort of opinion on what I should do. I have the Tan perforated leather. Is it possible my seat is defective? Also I get dizzy, and headache mostly in the frontal area of my head. What is going on?! I have the steering wheel to comfort mode, I have the autorgen to off so I don't keep bobbing my head forward and back . My wife sits in the passenger seat claims its the most comfortable seat ever.. but Im like your joking. Has to be defective driver seat?

I don't know what to tell you. My tan perforated leather X seats are some of the best I've had aside from the headrest that I really wish went up another inch or two (8.1 gave us manual control, at least, but it turns out the just doesn't go up enough.)

Seats are a deeply individual thing, though. If it isn't working for you, that's a problem. Back can usually be fixed with lumbar adjustment or a pillow - neck and shoulders aren't usually about seats to begin with, since they aren't really supported, but I'm certainly not a doctor or chiropractor.

Put the seat in the most comfortable spot you can, put autopilot on for long trips, sit back and listen to the radio, enjoy the view while you are generally are aware of the road situation. I got an X as a loaner recently, am 6'7" tall and had no problem. Maybe it is in the mindset at this point. Try to relax before you drive anywhere find a position that is MOST comfortable for you, take a drive and DON'T think about the seat or its position. Hope this helps, if you really can't do it, see if you can buy new seats that you find more comfortable to put in the X, if that doesn't work pass it on to me I think I can find a nice spot in my garage......

Not joking.......you should visit your doctor. The pain you describe as severe enough to scream, accompanied by headaches and dizziness are symptoms, perhaps aggravated by the seat and/or sitting but unlikely to be caused by the seat. Please visit your doctor and rule out any physiological problem.

Nah, Im in the medical field.. not a medical problem. My Tahoe doesn't cause any issues/symptoms.

I think its a couple different issues:
1) not enough padding, not soft, too hard
2) not enough upper body support
3) headrest in awkward position, not close enough to my head when I want it to be, too close when I don't want it to be
4) steering wheel feels huge, maybe too thick for my hands
5) maybe the pedals are too close to me, and I wish they were adjustable

Argh.. so frustrating. Ive been playing around with the seat for months now.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Thanks for your suggestions guys, I guess I'll have the SC evaluate it, and keep adjusting. I might get to a point where I can longer deal with it. I had a similar issue with a Lexus GX 460 .. had to sell it in 2 weeks because it gave me significant back pain (felt too narrow). Worse comes to worse, my wife can take this, and I will get that new Lincoln Navigator when it comes out.

I can drive for hours in certain vehicles and feel fine. Put me on an airplane, first class, and my sciatica can flare up enough to immobilize me, cause headaches and excruciating pain until the inflamed nerve subsides. Hard for me to blame United Airlines for that one.

Glad to know you are fine though.......maybe ask Tesla for an overnight loaner and take a long long ride.

@mohanman,

Years ago I found the seat on a rental car unbearable while driving on a vacation trip. When I got home, I realized it was not the car seat, but that I had a case of shingles.

Whatever is causing your uncomfort, I wish you luck finding the cause and resolving it.

GSP

How about one of these sexy seat covers?

il_570xN.1161349012_ffzo.jpg

Not joking.......you should visit your doctor. The pain you describe as severe enough to scream, accompanied by headaches and dizziness are symptoms, perhaps aggravated by the seat and/or sitting but unlikely to be caused by the seat. Please visit your doctor and rule out any physiological problem.
That is just what I was going to post. I do not see how a car seat could produce the symptoms described. See a qualified physician. Immediately.

Reactions: FlyF4 and Fiddler
I find that my S90D's seats are very comfortable when adjusted right, and very uncomfortable when not. If you haven't yet tried this, sit in your seat in the garage and play with every adjustment (especially headrest height, lumbar support, tilt and distance). You might try saving at last two settings with different names. Then go for some drives and adjust a bit to see if its better than the previous. If so, save that to your 'better' setting. If after a bit of driving you decide its actually worse (I found this happening because it felt good at first but was not an improvement after a few minutes) then restore to your baseline and keep adjusting.

I found that there IS a setting that makes my body very comfortable. Also sometimes on long drives I'll adjust something without saving just to have slightly different pressure points etc. However in 10-30 minutes I restore my 'golden' set and come back to that as the best overall comfort.

Reactions: gabeincal
Ok guys, what am I doing wrong?! My neck, my shoulders, my back are driving me nuts. I thought I was going to scream on the way back home (45 minute drive). I have tried every single position, tried numerous seat cushions.. I can't do it anymore. How can you guys possibly drive this car long trips? Someone send me some sort of opinion on what I should do. I have the Tan perforated leather. Is it possible my seat is defective? Also I get dizzy, and headache mostly in the frontal area of my head. What is going on?! I have the steering wheel to comfort mode, I have the autorgen to off so I don't keep bobbing my head forward and back . My wife sits in the passenger seat claims its the most comfortable seat ever.. but Im like your joking. Has to be defective driver seat?
Are they the next generation style with the close bolstering? I'm not trying to be rude, but are you also a bigger set person? I've seen some posts about this and that combination has usually contributed to it in some way.

Reactions: Fiddler