Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't take the wait! The pain is REAL!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever you hear about someone getting a Tesla, all you hear about is them waiting for the car they delivered to come in.

They talk about it all the time, and they wait. They wait, they wait..it's been four months, it's been 2 weeks, etc.

Well now, I'm waiting for mine! And the pain is REAL! I can't take it!

What do I do while I wait!

I literally look for Teslas everywhere as I drive. I literally drove to our local store today, to the back where the cars are parked just to stare.

How am I going to make it! The Tesla Waiting Pain is REAL!

Being that you are in California the agony might be even worse. You see a Tesla on the road about every 3 minutes. So every time you see one remind yourself that yours is newer and better than theirs LOL....

I am curious as to what you ordered, when you ordered it and what they gave you as a target delivery date. I am sure that they will make a huge push to get it to you before the end of the 4th quarter. (Hopefully you used a referral code)

In the meantime prepare to be a little kid waiting for Christmas to come and make a Christmas list of all the accessories you NEED for your new car...

Good luck waiting...

Haha! Yes, in my area, you can go out for 5 minutes and see at least two Teslas.... It's painful! Haha!

So, actually, I ordered a CPO, so the wait is not AS LONG as the new custom cars. And, I got lucky, because my car is in Southern California so I don't have to wait for it to be shipped... So, they said, expected delivery is 2-3 weeks, maybe 4. So, yes, I admit, NOT as bad as others, but still...painful! :)

Also, if I just knew the date, it may feel better, like a birthday or Christmas ahead. I just have the message, a Tesla adviser will be contacting you soon.

I see you have a 2014 with the Tan leather... How do you like the interior...the leather, the seats, etc. That's what I'm getting as well, with the glossy wood (would have preferred matte, but)...

And I did not get a sun/glass roof because of the crazy heat in Palm Springs. Didn't want to deal with it, so happy to find one without. But, Las Vegas is similar. Do you have any issues with the glass roof there?

no issues with the glass roof especially if you have a garage or carport.. but they do make a shade t fit them and some people put an extra layer of tint...getting a really good tint on the other windows has made a world of difference more so than anything sun roof related. The coating on the roof is already strong but a good tint on the windows is a must. Running the AC on high is a real mileage robber...it would be the first thing i would do

I would have never picked the tan interior but buying used you get what you get if the deal is right. I LOVE the tan.... it looks brand new and wears well but mostly i like it because of the contrast. the all black interior hides some of the really cool lines in the interior that the tan,grey and other lighter colors bring out in the two-tone look...in my opinion....

tell us more about what you decided on... and congrats

• Helpful
Reactions: daxz
Yes, thank you! Great to hear!

I was honestly looking at new... But when I went in and starting learning more about the CPOs, I was quite surprised. If they have under a certain number of miles, they include a NEW 4/year 50,000 mile warranty, and the remaining battery warranty (so 5+ years left, etc)... They also come with free supercharging...and being in CA, they're all over.

They also make sure the cars are as close to new as possible. At the center I was at, they do the "make-overs" so I got to see cars that were just returned and CPO cars being delivered to new buyers. The cars being delivered looked brand new. I couldn't believe it.

So, I started to work the numbers and I couldn't believe the value of the CPOs... I'm still surprised.

Anyway, all of my cars, my entire life have been new, except for one (a Volvo XC90)...otherwise, never bought used. But, this just felt so different.

Here is all I needed in the car... AutoPilot 1 and Tech package. I preferred the light interior because of where I live and the heat, but I would have taken a black interior and a sunroof if it came up, and any color.

But, I found a car in the $50k range with 29,000 miles with AutoPilot 1, the tech package, NO sunroof, tan nappa leather, and ONLY a 60... Midnight Silver Metallic...and STANDARD 19" wheels.

So, I believe the price was low for three main reasons: 1) no sun/glass roof, 2) 60 battery and 3) standard wheels. I would have loved a D or a bigger battery, but in reality, in my small town, I drive 5-15 miles per day, I just don't need it. I'm coming from a BMW i3 which gets about 45 miles in the summer heat, not really a problem. But, I wanted a car to get me to LA or Disneyland, etc, which the 60 will do.

Now, I LOVE the cyclone or slipstream wheels, or the standard 19" inch on the 2017s...so I simply went online and bought them. So the car will have the new wheels. :)

And now, I wait...and hope I love it when it comes in! :)

I read you. 100%.
been waiting for mine now for long 12 days and we've been driving around hoping to spot one here in Vienna.
know all review youtube videos by heart and I've been going through the delivery check list over 10 times.
I've been reloading my tesla account page 20 times a day hoping the status will change soon.

it's hard.

• Love
Reactions: Evanmagic and arcus
Here are a few ideas. First off, we all have been there. Keep in mind, early owners had a LONG wait.
Start setting up and get all your RFID cards that you may want to use for the level 2 public charging. (EVgo, Blink, Charge point ect)
Get all the apps on your phone and tablet that you may use and get signed in. (Plug share, charge point, ect ect). Go to the tesla store and look at any adapters that you may want to have as an extra. I picked up a nema 14-30 dryer plug to use at my home before I hook up a HPWC. Pick up some fun stuff on line like your key fob holders and such. Get some very small usb drives and load up all your MP3's that you may want to listen to. Last I'll leave you with, Download a podcast app on your phone and start listening to some cool podcast about the tesla., I love Plug your ride. you have RTL and the tesla show, talking tesla and such.

It is painful!

I have been through it twice now. I ordered in 2015 (85D) and then again last month (P100D). I was sure I was going to single-handedly break the Tesla servers because I loaded the "My Tesla" page so many times a day.

I worked out my stress and energy by "nesting" and preparing for the car. There wasn't a lot to do because I already had all the electrical stuff in place but I made up many projects. Here is a partial list. I hope you find something you can do on this list. It was very therapeutic for me.

1. Got a spare wheel and tire prepared and hung up on the garage wall. (Marketplace on this site is good for that)
2. Sold my original wheels from my 85D
3. Applied for my clean vehicle sticker
4. Found some reflective sign vinyl to slightly alter my license plate and make it a little less tacky
5. Bought a new dedicated vacuum hose, hose cover and attachments for the garage. New hanging rack too.
6. Researched care of the new cream interior for my car. Bought some specific carpet cleaner and other products. Search posts by user "ahkahn" , He is a genius with upholstery care.
7. Bought some xpel protectors from RPM Tesla and watched the videos on the install so I was ready to go. That has been nice to have my handles free of fingerprints and not hot in the sun. Also nice to have the door sills protected from scratches. Both of these things bothered me about my first car.
8. Filled out my tax form for the federal rebate.
9. Made a file folder for the car and began organizing the documents
10. Etc etc

Anything to distract me from the wait.

Then my car came and it is perfect!

• Love
Reactions: Evanmagic
It's a LOOONG wait, for some longer than for others.
Ordered 10th of August and hopefully going to be delivered next Friday (S75D). So it's about 3 months on this side of the pond. You guys over at US waiting for 5 weeks it's not that tough ;)

Reading TMC for the last 3 months does not make it that much easier but does help some.
I've been ordering some accessories one by one (carbon fiber spoiler, new wheels, etc.) and planning road trips.

Good luck with the wait!

Imagine they ship your car to Europe ( usually takes 9 days ) and the freighter they use makes 4 extra stops ( Maerks Ohio) this adds additional 10 days to your wait.....

24N87B.gif

Reactions: THXULTRA