Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I could use some guidance on my delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short, I originally ordered my Model Y LR on March 19, 2022 in midnight silver metallic. Estimated delivery date was Sep-Nov 2022. On May 8, 2022, I changed the color to black and was given a new estimated delivery date of Nov 2022 - Feb 2023. I just checked my account yesterday, 5/27/22, and it says my current delivery window is June 8-13 and a VIN has been assigned. I am just wondering how this might have happened. Did someone with the same configuration cancel their order? Or is it possible it was rejected by a customer for some defect and then offered to me? I am not holding out for the Austin models, but do not want to take delivery of a possibly rejected unit that might have some flaw I am unaware of.

Could I request a delay to get a different vehicle if I don't want this one? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Long story short, I originally ordered my Model Y LR on March 19, 2022 in midnight silver metallic. Estimated delivery date was Sep-Nov 2022. On May 8, 2022, I changed the color to black and was given a new estimated delivery date of Nov 2022 - Feb 2023. I just checked my account yesterday, 5/27/22, and it says my current delivery window is June 8-13 and a VIN has been assigned. I am just wondering how this might have happened. Did someone with the same configuration cancel their order? Or is it possible it was rejected by a customer for some defect and then offered to me? I am not holding out for the Austin models, but do not want to take delivery of a possibly rejected unit that might have some flaw I am unaware of.

Could I request a delay to get a different vehicle if I don't want this one? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Seems like you are making many assumptions and focusing on a worst case. Someone in your area with the same config backed out or delayed. Get your car and move on. Not everything Tesla is a conspiracy.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Seems like you are making many assumptions and focusing on a worst case. Someone in your area with the same config backed out or delayed. Get your car and move on. Not everything Tesla is a conspiracy.
Thanks for your response, you were absolutely correct. I called Tesla and the build date was 3 days ago and it’s currently on a truck from Fremont to my state. Someone with the the same options must have canceled their order. Apologies for the paranoid post, but it is my nature to worry and assume the worst. Thanks again.

Which state ? I cancelled mine same config few days back coz I was not available to take delivery .

I would get it. Mine ordered 3/13 and first may edd, june july edd and now nov 22 to feb 23 delivery.. this delivery delays are worse. Feel your self lucky— inspect car and get it.

You are extremely lucky; I would be happy to take it .

I ordered the vehicle early October 2021 and It will be delivery by mid-June after a 8month wait.