Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Cracked my touchscreen - Any difference in screens for Model Year 2017-2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve cracked my touch screen and while the screen itself works the touch part doesn’t so I need a new screen. Like others Tesla quoted me $1500+. eBay has them for $400 out of crashed Teslas. My question is are they all the same? I see most listed as 2017-2021. I have a 2018 LR. Will any 2017-2021 screen work in my car? Thanks for the help.

I’ve cracked my touch screen and while the screen itself works the touch part doesn’t so I need a new screen. Like others Tesla quoted me $1500+. eBay has them for $400 out of crashed Teslas. My question is are they all the same? I see most listed as 2017-2021. I have a 2018 LR. Will any 2017-2021 screen work in my car? Thanks for the help.
A YouTube channel I follow had trouble with his Model 3 display. While installing a swivel mount he broke the logic board's connection to the wiring harness. The unresponsive problem took months to show up. I found the two links where I think he describes buying a used screen on eBay, perhaps you'll get some good info there.

Take yours off, check the part number, get some one or newer. Last letter in the part number is the version.