Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I created a registry for 2012 Model S VINs

NikoAnton

Feb 8, 2022
NYC
Hello all!

This is my first post, but I have been a follower of the forum for a while.

If you are not familiar, VINwiki is a website/app which allows users to upload information about cars and track vehicle history. On the app, I created a list for all 2012 Model S on the site, and decided to create a spreadsheet to list every 2012 Model S VIN I come across.

I decided that this would be an interesting project because the low production numbers of the 2012 means that the prospect of finding every VIN is at least plausible, compared to a car with 10s or 100s of thousands produced per year.

So far I have added every car that is on VINwiki, which is about 450, but I would love some help finding some of the earlier VINs, especially Betas, Alphas, Release Candidates, Founders Series', and Signature Edition cars.

If you own a 2012 Model S, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the VIN so I can add it to the registry, or if you know of any VINs please share them so I can add them.

I would appreciate any info or advice, and if you would like to suggest edits for the spreadsheet just let me know.

Thanks!

5YJSA1DP9CFS00934
I’m #934 and it’s a performance.
How many of these first 1000 are still in service?

Attachments

• 3B5950BF-6721-4597-A393-444A67D3C989.jpeg
    3B5950BF-6721-4597-A393-444A67D3C989.jpeg
    783.5 KB · Views: 24

tccartier

Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2015
AZ.
@NikoAnton, Is this list still being maintained? How do we add VINs to the list?

I think the link is at the beginning of this thread. That said I'm not sure if anybody is looking at it or if it's being maintained or kept accessible on a server somewhere. But it would be nice. Having one of these things is like having a 1953 Corvette.

Reactions: REckard

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC