Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I created a registry for 2012 Model S VINs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!

This is my first post, but I have been a follower of the forum for a while.

If you are not familiar, VINwiki is a website/app which allows users to upload information about cars and track vehicle history. On the app, I created a list for all 2012 Model S on the site, and decided to create a spreadsheet to list every 2012 Model S VIN I come across.

I decided that this would be an interesting project because the low production numbers of the 2012 means that the prospect of finding every VIN is at least plausible, compared to a car with 10s or 100s of thousands produced per year.

So far I have added every car that is on VINwiki, which is about 450, but I would love some help finding some of the earlier VINs, especially Betas, Alphas, Release Candidates, Founders Series', and Signature Edition cars.

If you own a 2012 Model S, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the VIN so I can add it to the registry, or if you know of any VINs please share them so I can add them.

I would appreciate any info or advice, and if you would like to suggest edits for the spreadsheet just let me know.

Thanks!

5YJSA1DP9CFS00934
I’m #934 and it’s a performance.
How many of these first 1000 are still in service?

Attachments

• 3B5950BF-6721-4597-A393-444A67D3C989.jpeg
    3B5950BF-6721-4597-A393-444A67D3C989.jpeg
    783.5 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: greenbert
I am interested in this information and will add my vin to the VINwiki list. I took delivery of my 2012 MS in January 2013 so I got one of the last produced. My VIN is over 3000.

I also feel there is value in a 1/2 year model year of a car and would love to know how many 2012 Model S’s are still around or still on the Tesla network.

Last edited:
Reactions: tccartier
Without asking to be added to the spreadsheet so I can edit, I am just going to put the information here. Please add to spreadsheet.

VIN# is 5YJSA1CN1CFP03101. 85 battery, Non-performance, Black, Sunroof, Free SuperCharging, 19" wheels. As of today, 120,000 miles. Original motor & battery. Delivered to me in Georgia on January 21, 2013.

How do we ask Tesla for how many 2012 Model S's were produced and how many are still on their network? They know for sure.

Without asking to be added to the spreadsheet so I can edit, I am just going to put the information here. Please add to spreadsheet.

VIN# is 5YJSA1CN1CFP03101. 85 battery, Non-performance, Black, Sunroof, Free SuperCharging, 19" wheels. As of today, 120,000 miles. Original motor & battery. Delivered to me in Georgia on January 21, 2013.

How do we ask Tesla for how many 2012 Model S's were produced and how many are still on their network? They know for sure.
From Tesla's 4th quarter and full year 2012 shareholder letter.

Screenshot 2022-12-31 081732.png

We have a 2012 MS 85 signature red with tan interior, RWD, and 98,699 miles (all from us). Switched from 21" to 19" wheels in the first year after going through tires quickly. Vehicle is currently at Tesla Service having a remanufactured battery installed in it. VIN is 5YJSA1DNXCFS00343. Pano roof mechanism stopped working properly during about 5th year (just out of warranty). Had 3 children after 2012, so self-installed used jump seats about 2 years ago. Vehicle was born and raised in the SF Bay Area, spent a few years in Colorado, and is back in the Bay Area. -Joe

Reactions: tccartier
We have a 2012 MS 85 signature red with tan interior, RWD, and 98,699 miles (all from us). Switched from 21" to 19" wheels in the first year after going through tires quickly. Vehicle is currently at Tesla Service having a remanufactured battery installed in it. VIN is 5YJSA1DNXCFS00343. Pano roof mechanism stopped working properly during about 5th year (just out of warranty). Had 3 children after 2012, so self-installed used jump seats about 2 years ago. Vehicle was born and raised in the SF Bay Area, spent a few years in Colorado, and is back in the Bay Area. -Joe
What causing you to get a replacement pack? Did you get the BMS_U029 error code?

Small world Joe! I have VIN 0393, also Sig Red in San Mateo. 166k miles, installed a new 90kwh pack last year. Also switched from 21s to 19s and my sunroof has failed several times, haha!