Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Created a Tesla Model S Chrome Extension and Need Your Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I have plenty of special characters (pwd is generated by a pwd manager)

Alright, I am going to assume it is the special characters causing issue then. If you don't mind, could you either generate me a new password with the same special characters, or send me your password shuffled (you could use a website like String Randomizer or just copy and paste parts of it around like 'thisisatest' to 'estsathisit') and send it to me in a PM. That way I can verify the problem by changing my own password and then figure out a fix pretty quickly. I guess quickly though, does it have an '=' or '+' in it?

My last message needed to be approved by mods (this one might too), but disregard it. I think I found the bug and will be releasing an updated version momentarily. It can take up to 30 minutes to propagate, or, if it doesn't seem to update, go into your extensions menu in chrome and click update now. The new version will be 1.0.3. I also added the version number to the login page to easily check. Once you get the update it should fix it for you. Thanks for the bug report!

cool. thanks for sharing. i see no images but it works:
app.PNG

cool. thanks for sharing. i see no images but it works:
Thanks for trying it out. Yea those are just placeholder images for now. I have someone who is working on some artwork for it. I will check in with them tomorrow for an update. Until all the artwork is fleshed out you can still get some info, like your car is black with the grey rims. The charge cable is plugged in and your sunroof is closed!

As others have mentioned you can go to istock and license some cool icons to save time. They have thousands of icon graphics of all styles. But I believe it makes sense to stop and rethink the layout and UI on this. Start from scratch and make it completely your own. Go ahead and one-up Tesla on this (beyond the added functionality).

Consider the ability to take advantage of the screen real estate on an iPad/Note/Tab, etc (rather than just 2X-ing it). Or the ability to reconfigure with a horizontal screen.

This is tempting for me... if I wasn't already so over committed with other projects. This was one of the things I wanted to work on, when I got my own Model S.

Hmmm.

That's where I got the current lock/unlock icons, and the lightning bolt icon for charging. The main thing that I am hoping for is a mostly unified looking interface. I hope to receive an update soon from bradhs who has been working on the images. Until then, thanks everyone for your help and support.

I haven't found anyone yet to help us that is within $$ reason.

Thanks guys for the replies and support. I just messaged bradhs about his help, but if that falls through I will send pete8314 a message too. I would like to remind that the extension is in working (but ugly) condition right now. If anyone finds any bugs please let me know and I will do my best to fix them ASAP!

Tesla Legal has contacted me and asked me to say that Tesla Model S vehicle owners should not use this software.

If anyone is planning on implementing an application using the Tesla REST API for a project, I would advise against it.

Hmm... That's a bummer. Probably a reaction to the recent "press" about hacking vulnerabilities.

I've been using it quite often. Thanks for making it.