Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I designed my own sunshade for Model X's Panoramic windshield. Anyone interested?

Would you get this sunshade for yourself?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few weeks ago, I created a post saying how much I hate the panoramic windshield.
Love the car, HATE HATE HATE the Pano Roof.

I have been complaining about the panoramic windshield since the day I got my P90D. I searched all over the Internet but couldn't find one single sunshade that is easy to install/uninstall, that is usable while driving, and most importantly that blocks both heat and light. So I went on and design my own with the help of a sunshade manufacturer. I tested the sunshade on my car, Very Happy with the result.

My sunshade can be used while driving or parked. Extremely easy to install, simply pat it to the windshield and it will stick. When you don't want shade, just gently peel it off the windshield.

Would you be interested in getting one, if it is available on the market? Please see attached youtube video.

I currently use the heat shield for the panoramic windshield that is like your sunshade in the video but it covers the entire windshield.

As a upgrade, I would be willing to purchase a sunshade that matches the headliner and goes from the back all the way to the mirror.

Reactions: Blastphemy
You should probably show the temperatures using some form of contact temperature sensor. Assuming the silver surface of your shade is IR reflective you are actually taking readings from other parts of the car below reflecting off of the shade. Not doubting that your solutions works, just saying that this probably the not best way to show how well it is working.

Another suggestion would be to have two of the same objects sitting at head level in both the driver's and passenger seats, with a shade installed on one side as before. Leave it out for a few hours in the sun and then come back and measure via IR the temps of these two objects to show how much hotter the one has become than the other.

OK. I am going to order them in black. It's hard to order just a few hundred...the manufacturer said minimum quantity is 10,000 pair, I wonder if there are these many X out on the road yet hahaha....my Vin is 5k something and I took delivery in June.