Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I did Search the Forums Before Posting

EdisonFire

Sep 2, 2015
NJ
I have a 2015 S70D and have been charging at my home for past 4 years via 14-50 connection. Today I plugged in at home and I'm maxed at 32A(24 mi/hr) versus what I've always received 40A (29-30 mi/hr). Was there a software update that now limits charging rate? On a side note, I recently charged to 100% for a long road trip and ended up with 232 miles vs rated 240 miles if that is any indication of battery condition. I also noticed while charging at Cape May NJ Supercharger over weekend (no other users even there) that even the supercharger was slower than usual. I was 140 Miles short of full 240 Miles charge to give indication that I wasn't slowing down as I approached full charge. Supercharger was putting out 63kW 220 mi/hr. Same supercharger prior to drive home I was getting 50kW and 175 mi/hr. I love the car but I'm not a geek so have mercy if I ask stupid questions

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC