Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I didn't get a Monroney sticker. Will Tesla print months later?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During my Model 3 delivery (awhile back) I forgot to look for the Monroney sticker and it didn't occur to me that the car didn't have one. Is it possible to have Tesla print one out for me? I usually frame them and hang in the garage for posterity's sake.

Delivering a new car without the sticker still on the window is a federal offense, $1000 fine for each car they do that with.

That said- nearly 100% of Teslas I've seen for delivery around here seem to have them removed from the window already (if not missing entirely) so apparently nobody's enforcing said law.

Mine was removed (but inside the car) and it was wrong (didn't reflect FSD)- service center was later able to print a "correct" one but just on normal printer paper rather than the "real" looking one.

• Informative
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Delivering a new car without the sticker still on the window is a federal offense, $1000 fine for each car they do that with.

That said- nearly 100% of Teslas I've seen for delivery around here seem to have them removed from the window already (if not missing entirely) so apparently nobody's enforcing said law.

Mine was removed (but inside the car) and it was wrong (didn't reflect FSD)- service center was later able to print a "correct" one but just on normal printer paper rather than the "real" looking one.
Mine (in January) came with two Monroney stickers in the car, but not stuck to the window (they were sitting on the passenger seat).

It did not look like either was ever stuck to the window. They looked like big normal pieces of paper, not anything with built-in sticker capability (so you would need some tape if you wanted to stick one to the window).

On at least one previous (non-Tesla) car, the Monroney sticker was in the car unstuck, probably because I bought the car before it was put out on the lot for display (why bother to stick it when the car is already sold?).

It would not be surprising if every car company made it relatively easy to print a new Monroney sticker, since it seems like it would be common for it to be damaged or destroyed when someone rolled down the window that it was stuck to.

I did not have one in the car and the one they emailed me was wrong but did say FSD rather than not. I didn’t order it with. I thought all equipment on the label was required but who knows who enforces these laws.