Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I dipped my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After months of research, planning and color testing I finally decided to paint my Model S metallic burnt copper. I kept this to myself and never told my local Tesla buddies. Their reactions were priceless when I arrived last (intentionally) to Quaker Steak and Lube's Thursday night car show. Jaws definitely dropped. Thoughts?
IMG_4520.JPG
IMG_4516.JPG
IMG_4519.JPG
IMG_4514.JPG
IMG_4528.JPG
IMG_4530.JPG
IMG_4529.JPG
IMG_4541.JPG
IMG_4540.JPG
IMG_4558.JPG
IMG_4557.JPG
IMG_4555.JPG
IMG_4553.JPG
IMG_4728.JPG
IMG_4735.JPG
IMG_4733.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4519.JPG
    IMG_4519.JPG
    902.5 KB · Views: 4,073
  • IMG_4527.JPG
    IMG_4527.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 4,029
Now I have to find a good color to paint my calipers. Suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty color!

Did you paint the jambs and other parts not normally seen.

Also, from the photos the paint looks very orange peely. Is this before buffing out?
I haven't done any of the jambs. I don't know if I will. If I do, it won't be anytime soon. This took a lot of my time. Need a short break. :smile: It still needs a little work. I just couldn't leave my fellow Tesla friends in the dark anymore. It was too big a secret. Hard to keep this news bottled up.

It's a beautiful color. Reminds me of VFX's roadster and my FX45. Would have loved to have been able to order my P85D in that color. Considered a wrap but couldn't find any that actually looked right anywhere close to that color.
Grats on the payoff to all the hard work.

Fabulous looking, Darren! Btrflyl8e can now report sightings of you much more often!

Did you strip the factory paint job first? Or, painted over?
lol, that is my blue one parked next to his. Since I live down the street, I was the only one in on the Big Secret, and got video of our buddies' reactions when he drove up to join us last night. It really looks incredible.

Video to be posted in a bit, need to do some editing.

Last edited:
Then you'll love this. Sorry for the poor quality, phones suck. Thanks to Great Dane and LoLRick for their starring roles! Oh yeah, and FLDarren, of course!

[video]https://youtu.be/mE-0SoXct8E[/video]

Last edited:
I was going to say the quality was fine, I'm perfectly happy with being a bit blurry. But oh yeah, the car is the star of the show and it would have been nice to have a bit better resolution for that. Darren will most certainly post more pics and videos now that the cat is out of the bag. Brrflyl8e - thanks for editing and posting the video.

Darren - the car looks amazing!

Love the color. Did you add a texture to it? I know "orange peel" is pretty common on repainted car, but this looks a couple steps more substantial than that (for example, in the night shot of the rear car, look at the light around the M in Model S).

Really pretty, though.