Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I dipped my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DipYourCar.com has a bunch of videos showing the process. DYC Videos and Guides

This one is a nice overview that shows peeling off an old dip before applying a new one. Peel a car, Dip a Car - YouTube

The paint protection is a very nice side benefit. No need to bother with protection film or chemical coatings when you can spray dip the whole car for so much less money. (Don't tell Pete I said that, mkay?)

Now I have to find a good color to paint my calipers. Suggestions?

Great job on new color for your car.

P1016748.JPG
P1016741.JPG
P1016751.JPG

You might consider trying one of the attached colors (or similar) for your calipers.

I believe this needs to be a high-temperature type paint, and typically the best way to repaint the calipers is to drain the brake system, remove the calipers and repaint.

There also are a couple of threads/posts about some great looking (highlighted color) decals added back to the face of the caliper.

The first one, just curious on the deep blues for the clouds. Initially I thought you'd used a polarizing lens , but the embedded metadata indicated f11 at 1/500, which exactly matches what you'd expect on a sunny day with the 'sunny 16 rule'. Also the water reflections would have more suppression if polarized.

Did you separate car / building / clouds into different layers, and work it that way?

Great work, BTW, both on the car dip and the photoshoot.

I've been wanting to dip my car for awhile now but I just wasn't willing to have a matte finish. Personal choice but I really don't like a flat finish. When DYC came out with the High Gloss Topcoat I knew it was finally time. After I saw some of the results people were able to achieve with the topcoat I pulled the trigger (pun intended). I'm already looking into my next dip. I've got a specific color in mind but who knows...