Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I dipped my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless copper is one of the colors offered. I've never see a copper SUV. But ever since I dipped my car copper I've seen so many other copper cars on the road. 350z, eclipse, charger. A few more that I can't think of off the top of my head. But they're no Tesla Model S. :cool:

Yes, that's a possibility. If it isn't, and I do wrap, I might go with a less glossy version. Overseen some flatter coppers I like too.

Also, if Tesla is gonna charge 2000 for it as a special color, I figure I'd save the money and go for a wrap instead. Since it also provides the benefit of the armor. And would let me change the color if I so desired down the road.

Yes, that's a possibility. If it isn't, and I do wrap, I might go with a less glossy version. Overseen some flatter coppers I like too.

Also, if Tesla is gonna charge 2000 for it as a special color, I figure I'd save the money and go for a wrap instead. Since it also provides the benefit of the armor. And would let me change the color if I so desired down the road.

Makes perfect sense. Here's to hoping u find the color you're looking for.

Speaking of copper SUVs, check out what was in the ad at the bottom of the webpage earlier this afternoon.
IMG_9549.PNG

Last edited:
The car is done other than cleaning up some trim pieces and dipping the rear wheels black. Pics coming within a day or two. You will not be disappointed.

I ended up not doing any lettering or battery graphic on the side of the car. I tried but the overspray was ludicrous. The stencils weren't magnetic which is the popular choice for stenciling on a car. Dang aluminum. I may look into vinyl stickers. If anyone knows anyone who does custom stickers let me know.

I'm open to suggestions.

I had to take a short hiatus today when the temps got too high. The dip dries too fast in hot temps not allowing it to properly level. That's why there's so much texture on the car now. Won't make that mistake again. Pics of todays completed project coming soon. Not "Tesla soon", just soon. [emoji3]
View attachment 87306View attachment 87307
Ha ha ludicrous
Today's project is done. I will admit it does look a little odd without the rest of the car being done but oh well. View attachment 87317View attachment 87318View attachment 87319

The car is done other than cleaning up some trim pieces and dipping the rear wheels black. Pics coming within a day or two. You will not be disappointed.

I ended up not doing any lettering or battery graphic on the side of the car. I tried but the overspray was ludicrous. The stencils weren't magnetic which is the popular choice for stenciling on a car. Dang aluminum. I may look into vinyl stickers. If anyone knows anyone who does custom stickers let me know.

The front looks dope! Not sure I like the cut off between the copper and black, but this ones your baby so do what you want!

That being said, does look clean as shyt! Mines in the process of going to matte black with copper trim right now... Pics will be coming soon...

The front looks dope! Not sure I like the cut off between the copper and black, but this ones your baby so do what you want!

That being said, does look clean as shyt! Mines in the process of going to matte black with copper trim right now... Pics will be coming soon...

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I'm not sure either about the looks. Maybe once I put the vinyl stickers on the side it may complete it. If only everyone understood it.

Just keeping it real. But again, the actual dip job looks amazing.

Not trying to knock it. Just not my cup of tea :)

Each dip will have to one-up the previous one, otherwise what's the point. My next dip will have to be mind blowing. I'm going bold and flashy. I'm not the blend in the crowd kind of guy. Obviously. :biggrin: Electric lime green, Bright orange, maybe even a color shift. I don't know yet. I will definitely be using an HVLP gun the next time instead of the DYC DipSprayer. Every layer on the front right panel was sprayed using one and it came out almost flawless.

Word. There's this new stuff called Halo which is supposed to be really good stuff. Looks more like paint than Dip.

I was thinking of buying some Halo and also some Raail Protek to mess around with. Raail is vinyl based whereas dip and halo are both rubber based. Every single car that I have seen done with Protek has been almost perfect with no texture. They all look incredible. This is Raail Protek.
11248691_10153558129401019_20305518867369043_n.jpg
11425123_10153558129326019_2244842543897510275_n.jpg