Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I do.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After much thought I have finally made the commitment and said "I do" to Roadster sport# 1437. She's radiant in red with premium tan interior and silver rims. I opted for the body color hard top, solar windshield and paint guard. She should arrive end of Sept. It's gonna be a long couple of months.

Oh, and by the way, I just got married as well: two new exotic beauties in my life in the same year, I am a very lucky man indeed ! :)

I have been following this forum for some time and learned so much from all the posts. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Warren

After much thought I have finally made the commitment and said "I do" to Roadster sport# 1437. She's radiant in red with premium tan interior and silver rims. I opted for the body color hard top, solar windshield and paint guard. She should arrive end of Sept. It's gonna be a long couple of months.

Oh, and by the way, I just got married as well: two new exotic beauties in my life in the same year, I am a very lucky man indeed ! :)

I have been following this forum for some time and learned so much from all the posts. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Warren

Congrats on both counts!

Warren

Congratulations Warren on both. I can't help but recall a line in the English marriage ceremony that says marriage is "...not to be taken inadvisedly, lightly, or wantonly to satisfy man's need for speed". Or something like that.

We've only had our Roadster less than two months so I still have the fresh memory of the "Roadster Wait". Check out NigelM's thread for some thrills, spills and undiluted madness. And then there's Dragon's thread too. But I bet you already read those...

Thanks guys. Glad to be on board :).
I am very interested in the Model S as well and hope to get an in person look at one sometime soon.
I received word from Tesla that my Roadster should begin production in a few weeks. Anyone know how long it takes to build a
Roadster once production begins?

I received word from Tesla that my Roadster should begin production in a few weeks. Anyone know how long it takes to build a
Roadster once production begins?
Less than three months, but that includes delivery time. Your Tesla sales person should be able to answer these questions. They tend to slightly overestimate, or at least I got my car a few days / week earlier than predicted, and so have others.

When I received an email from my customer advocate saying that production would start in a few weeks I got concerned that perhaps a sept 20th delivery date wasn't realistic anymore. The good news is that I received word that we are still on target for that date. Since September 30th is the end of a quarter for Tesla I am hoping that they might have some extra incentive to deliver my car by then :) "Tesla Wait" has fully set in. Time seems to have slowwwed dowwwn quite a bit since I ordered my Roadster, fortunately I have some Roadster related projects to keep me busy....

I am meeting a solar company on Friday to sort out a solar array for the house and a contractor next week to plan an extension to my garage. I either have to evict my 2000 corvette or make some more space. Hoping these projects will help pass the time until my new Roadster is ready.!

Thanks for the links Slackjaw. I hadn't actually read those threads from beginning to end. Good reading! What an ordeal Dragon went through to get his Roadster on the road. I was really glad when I read that the car and the registration finally got all sorted out.

I am meeting a solar company on Friday to sort out a solar array for the house and a contractor next week to plan an extension to my garage. I either have to evict my 2000 corvette or make some more space.
I had to rent off-site storage for my growing car collection. The Roadster is my daily driver, though. Thankfully the storage is located within walking distance so I can still enjoy those old gassers.

My car was two weeks late. They said that was due to not accounting for the Lotus assembly line shutting down in August for workers vacations. So my car took about three and a half months. That was last year in this same period. They were also transitioning to the 2.5 model which might have made things tricky. I would say, "try to relax" but I know that's easy to say and hard to do.

Update

Yesterday was a big Tesla day for me. My electrician installed 2 50 amp outlets in my garage (with oversized wire to accommodate future developments) and I received a bunch of Tesla stuff in the mail; a stainless steel tumbler, baby clothes for my twin nephews, adult clothes, hat and hard top bag. I have a good start for Hanukah and Christmas gifts this year. I will likely add a 3rd outlet outside the garage in the near future as well. The most exciting Tesla development has to be receiving my first 2 pictures of my actual car. See below :smile: Last but certainly not least, I spoke with my sales person today and my new Roadster should be in Florida by the end of next week.:biggrin: I was hoping for this week before the end of Tesla's 3rd quarter but it wasn't to be. Getting close .....

My Tesla 1st Pic 09-27-11_1053.jpg

My tesla 2nd pic.jpg

Thanks guys.
My new Roadster left the factory late Tues. Expected delivery date is next weekend. Waiting the last week has definitely been the hardest. Fortunately there has been alot of Model S news to distract me. I've got 2 50 amp dryer plugs wired and ready in the garage and am having a table installed for the hardtop. It will be like an ironing board that stores up against the wall when not in use. The roof will store in the bag which will hang on the wall over the table top so that when I want to store or remove the top I simpy lift the table top without having to remove the storage bag first. This is the theory anyway, we'll see if it works. I'll post pictures if it does. Hope the next week goes by quickly :)