Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I don’t fit in a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one who doesn’t fit in a Model 3?

Yesterday I was ready to buy a M3 Rear Wheel drive for an around town car. We went to the showroom to demo drive it. My wife is still laughing after watching me try to get into it. I never even took it for a ride yesterday because of the size.

I’m 6’1” / 250 lbs. I’ve had 4 Nissan Leafs and never had an issue getting in or out of them. We recently purchased a 2023 MYLR and there’s no issue with egress or ingress with that car.

My 5’ 4’ wife also fit fine and loved the M3.

Am I the only one?

Listing your height and weight doesnt tell everything about your body type (legs, torso, etc). I am 6'3 / 230 ish (and with my body type / build I am about 25/30 lbs overweight) and I fit ok. I have seen posts here from others who dont fit, and people taller than me who fit fine. My brother is 6'5 , probably 235 (and supremely in shape) and when I took him for a test drive in my car, he didnt have any issues getting in or out either.

I have trouble hitting my knees on the steering wheel. I am considering installing a yoke steering wheel to aid with getting in and out since I could turn the steering wheel and give myself some more room to move my legs.

I’m 6’7” with a 32” inseam and a little over weight and fit in the 3 fine now if i fully extend the steering wheel all the way towards me its a bit tight getting in and out, i would love to see the wheel 2-3 inches higher but it works fine, normally its roughly 1/2 in the middle of fully extended and retracted. Can’t wait to get it back (its currently getting ceramic coating)

Yeah, maybe the steering wheel was just in a bad position. You can set it to automatically move for ingress/egress.

The Model 3 is much larger than the average car, inside and out, but the floor in front of the seat is a bit higher than usual - right where you step while entering. Having it move the steering wheel may help. Otherwise the Model Y is finally the same price and is vastly more spacious.

Reactions: essaunders
Head room is amazing, and basically the only area I have trouble in cars. I'm 6'4', 210, 34' pants, I fit great.

Problem for me if if person or car seat is behind me, that's when I wonder about a model S. But just me or just 3 people and car is great.

Yesterday I was ready to buy a M3 Rear Wheel drive for an around town car. We went to the showroom to demo drive it. My wife is still laughing after watching me try to get into it. I never even took it for a ride yesterday because of the size.

I’m 6’1” / 250 lbs. I’ve had 4 Nissan Leafs and never had an issue getting in or out of them. We recently purchased a 2023 MYLR and there’s no issue with egress or ingress with that car.

Am I the only one?
I'm 6"1', 195 lbs., 71 years of age and limber. No problem.

I’m 6’0” and 205, 33” inseam and I have to sit on the edge of the driver’s seat first and then swing my legs in. Reverse when exiting car. Could never figure out a good easy entry setting to make ingress and egress easier. I wish the M3 didn’t sit so low. Once inside, it’s pretty comfy except I wish the driver’s seat would go back another inch or two for long trip driving comfort. Wife has a MY and I find that much easier to enter and exit.

Wondering if a combo of high seat position with low wheel position made it tricky. I'm 6ft 200 lbs but have a body beaten to hell and I can still get in and out just fine. I don't really find it hard relative to cars and have fit in much worse before. I'm guessing you know about the easy access feature which moves the seat down and back for getting in and out. Sorry, would have figured you would fit.

Am I the only one?
I would try again and before you get in, make sure the seat was all the way down and moved back sufficiently. If/when you buy the car, you can set up the car for Easy Entry.

I'm 6' 1", just under 300# (yeah: I'm obese) and the only time I have an issue getting in is when I get in on the passenger side and my wife was the last person sitting there are and had the seat way up (she'll do that when we're driving into the sun and wants to shade her eyes more)

I'm 6'2" 190 pounds, felt pretty comfortable getting in and out, driving around town for 30 min test drive. Got few Model 3's in my family and have been driving them around periodically. I think it's the body type and height might not be the only factor. If it's not comfortable then it'll be a torture using it everyday.
Picking up my Model 3 today.