Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I don’t recall, but wasn’t there some promise made..?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few months ago didn’t we get a message from Elon saying that Autopilot is going to get some new features during the holiday season? I don’t recall 100% (also not talking about the FSD promise or any promise made pre-August) I just feel like I heard something about them giving us a fun upgrade around this time. Something about the features being added-in that we are missing.

Also are any of the cars getting the ModelXmas style update this year? I know my S doesn’t have Falcon doors of course so it wouldn’t be as crazy as last year’s X Easter egg, but I’d love to have something too! My girlfriend would probably pass out just seeing the lights flicker on and off to a Christmas song. She’s like a little kid around this time haha!

very hard to keep up with Musk's promises
Someone (it won't be me) should start an Elon Musk Promises wiki here on TMC. Each promise could be marked as 1)Promise Made, 2)Promise kept, 3)Promise delayed, 4)Promise partially kept, etc. Each promise should include a screenshot of the tweet, or a link to the video or article in which it was made, the date it was made and what the promise was.

Who wants to take that on?

Someone (it won't be me) should start an Elon Musk Promises wiki here on TMC. Each promise could be marked as 1)Promise Made, 2)Promise kept, 3)Promise delayed, 4)Promise partially kept, etc. Each promise should include a screenshot of the tweet, or a link to the video or article in which it was made, the date it was made and what the promise was.

Who wants to take that on?

I thought someone had already created a site to track these things, I just don't remember where...

Reactions: selfbp
37608B92-DCA7-427A-97FD-6A2F93108444.png

I knew I wasn’t crazy!

Reactions: Xenius
ah, yes. I guess they did/added a bunch of unplanned stuff like Puerto Rico and Australia power projects + Semi and Roadster probably kept a few people busy. not sure why the AP department is lagging so much?
A cynic (or someone who is shorting TSLA) would say that things like the Semi and Roadster are distractions to keep folks from focusing on all of Elon's broken promises.

I don't know how things are going in the US but Tesla is likely only going to deliver on about 25% of the SuperChargers promised in the province of Ontario for 2017. A few more will be close but they are nowhere near completing even 50% of the units that say "Target opening by end of 2017"

The province of Quebec produces about 10X as much Maple Syrup as Vermont. They also have some good microbreweries - I am partial to Unibroue which is made in a suburb of Montreal and their La Fin du Monde beer which is quite high alcohol at 9.5%.