Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I don't care about non-EVs anymore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 2008 I owned a Honda S2000 and purchased a new Jeep Wrangler. At that moment I said to my wife, "This is the last internal combustion vehicle I intend to buy." And I held to it. We sold the S2000 and Wrangler and in 2020 bought a Model Y (turns out in the interim I bought a sailboat with diesel engines and a dinghy with an outboard petrol engine - but they didn't have wheels so cut me some slack).

While I owned the S2000 and Wrangler I was still very interested in ICE cars. Watching performance videos, attended an F1 event, talked about cars with friends. Etc etc. But when I actually started shopping for EVs and test driving Teslas I just stopped caring about non-EVs. It's gone beyond cars too. If I get back into boating I fully intend to have an electric boat. I want an electric motorcycle. I have an electric lawn mower. And so-on.

Has "EV life" had that affect on anyone else? This is what cars should be. Everything else is a waste of time.
Same here. I used to be a big import Toyota guy. Nothing but Celicas, MR2s, and Camrys. I've always wanted an S2000, but it's a touch small for me. I think car's peaked at around 2001. After that time, I lost interest in cars, especially ICE cars. They were transport appliances, nothing more, so I had no problem with my 2007 Honda CRV with 250,000 miles. Driving my friend's M3 was the final nail in the coffin. Then I bought my M3 and now my MYP, and there's no other car out now that I'd want to drive even though I'm charging it on 120v outlet. If I had a ferrari or Bentley, I'll take it, trade it in and buy HW4, 4680 MYP and a few Tesla for loved ones. I give no sugar for any ICE vehicles right now.

• Funny
Reactions: LoudMusic and SO16
I agree a minivan could be an ideal EV, the lowered center of gravity would be huge for this format…and I’d love to get one. But given the paltry numbers of minivans sold against CUVs/SUVs and even coupes/sedans, it likely isn’t worth the manufacturers’ investment at this time. And it’d have to be pretty special to unseat the Odyssey and Sienna from their perch at the top of the minivan list. Although both the Pacifica and Sienna are available in hybrid forms at much higher cost, neither manufacturer seems to want to deliver a pure EV, at least not yet. Chrysler might get there first, but that’s only my guess.
If Chrysler was smart, pfft, they would rush to market a Chrysler minivan. Aren't they credited with creating the minivan? Why not continue that?

Only way I'd get an ICE car would be if I lost my jobs and couldn't find one for years, I'd trade it in, buy a POS appliance car until I found a job and could get another Tesla. I can't wait until gas small appliances are banned. It's so annoying.

Reactions: SO16
ICE has its place. Towing and sports cars for sure. My M3LR is amazing, have a Rivian on order, but then I will still look for a small, light, sports car to enjoy mountain roads in.
If batteries ever get light enough, EVs could eventually be lighter than gas cars cars. Electric motors certainly weigh less than gas engines.