Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I don't get it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does Tesla not have this sign on all supercharger locations, this is the first sign I have seen like this on any of the supercharger locations I have visited in California.
Actually now that I think about it, I think the property owners are the ones who can put those signs up, if they choose to

Looking at the mounting hardware and lettering (red on white), it doesn't appear to have been made by Tesla or installed by their contractor.

Wait a second, isn't that car parked in the non-Supercharger spot next to the stairs?

You win the prize!
Great sleuthing....
KUDOS!

The parking space next to the stairs is the only one NOT supported or identified as Tesla Supercharge space (Red Fiat).
Charging cable can't reach, White MB is safe from any further notes and towing.
attachment.php?attachmentid=66658&d=1419186530.jpg

Photo above is from 12-21-14 photo posting by CLAlvarez1956.

Now everybody else, simmer down.

I believe this is Culver City.
IIRC it was really ICE'd before Christmas by shoppers.
Combination of bad timing and location to Open a Supercharger adjacent to a Shopping Center (Just before Christmas).

Posting more directly worded signage (with the word "Towing") will minimize this from re-occurring.

That's right. This was in Culver City

- - - Updated - - -

Thru the MB's windows I can see two non-Teslas. OP may not even be counting the MB.

You're right, I was not counting the MB. One of the Tesla owners behind me called and security came by to look at it and that was about it. Security did ask a BMW X5 owner to move the car as soon as he pulled into it.

But what has Tesla ever done when contacted about ICEing? It's out of their control. The best they can do is ask the property owner to do something, and I doubt that will make much difference.

I don't know what Tesla has ever done, but if no one reports it to a central place, then it's not a problem. I don't think we should be complacent and report ICEing to Tesla so they can see how widespread the issue is and address it overall with better signage and agreements with the property owners. Just complaining here on the forums won't get anything done.

ICEing an EV charging spot is illegal in the State of Florida; fine (and potential towing) is the same as for unauthorized parking on a handicap spot. Sure calling Tesla will eventually result in better signage from the property owners but lobbying efforts with local and state politicians may be more productive in the medium term. Since the Florida law came into effect in 2012 ICEing has become largely non-existent.

ICEing an EV charging spot is illegal in the State of Florida; fine (and potential towing) is the same as for unauthorized parking on a handicap spot. Sure calling Tesla will eventually result in better signage from the property owners but lobbying efforts with local and state politicians may be more productive in the medium term. Since the Florida law came into effect in 2012 ICEing has become largely non-existent.

Wow. That's great in Fl. I'm surprised california hasn't done this. Yep, that would certainly fix the problem.