Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I don't know anything about the E Tron, but the Super Bowl commercial was good

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An interesting thing is Super bowl advertising is super expensive. When a major ICE manufacturer chooses to spend it on an EV, it makes me believe they are serious about producing and selling it in a big way, not just using it for emissions fluff, and lends some credibility to EV commitment. I also hope they loose the ugly grill somewhere along the way, the five circles is their signature not the grill, hopefully someone at the top will figure that out, and that EV is it's own signature. I still like the looks of my S better, but if they make a quality EV with better interfaces, and some interior improvements, they should be able to sell a lot of them.

Reactions: mazeminder
What's with the huge grille on the front?? Batteries get so HOT they have to have air cooling? Or is it that they figure the average Audi buyer wants his car to look like a gas hog? Or maybe they had to use an engine because the car can't go that fast?

They're years behind the Tesla of six and a half years ago. Unless you must have a car that looks like it runs on gas.

Have a look at my car over <---------- THERE <------------ to see how Tesla did the same thing. It's icky but I guess car buyers are afraid of grill-less bumpers /s

I read somewhere it's actually for brand identity - they don't want their electric cars to look different from their fossils and can't ditch the grill on the fossils yet.