Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I don't think Tesla will take Ghosting seriously

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi Guys, my X has very bad ghosting. It bothers me alot , now I kinda learned to live with it but I still hate it and think its a terrible BUT.. Interesting enough my brother that is a bit shorter than me (I'm 6'1 and he is 5'9) has no issue with it. He's been driving my car since i'm out of town. He is super picky with everything optics , glass, sunglasses etc.. but he has no issue with my windshield. So I reached the conclusion that Tesla may not do anything about this. I now believe that very few people are complaining about this like I was told at my service center and the people that have this issue , well we may not be taken to seriously after all :(

Next year I was going to get a Model X for my wife. I heard about the ghosting concern with the Model X. I was hoping that Tesla would fix the problem by next year. I have not driven the car yet. I will be checking next year on the forums and see what comments others have about his. If it still exists I will probably get another Model S instead.

Next year I was going to get a Model X for my wife. I heard about the ghosting concern with the Model X. I was hoping that Tesla would fix the problem by next year. I have not driven the car yet. I will be checking next year on the forums and see what comments others have about his. If it still exists I will probably get another Model S instead.

Try one at night it may or may not be an issue for you. I still believe the X is a much better purchase than the S, ghosting included :)

At 6'-5" - you can be certain we'll be on the lookout for it. Make a night time delivery - drive it around to check it out, and if it's a no go, then they can do a replacement. Maybe they ought to keep a couple spares around the service centers during pickups ... just in case so other wiseinheimers are out there.

I'm 5'9 and I have the ghosting. My wife is 5ft nothing....and she has no issues. Extremely annoying. I do most of my driving during the day and since my sunglasses are polarized, I don't see the ghosting during the day. I hate that I love this car so much that it dulls my irritation for this issue.

The only way for me not to see this at night is if I literally drive like an old person with my eyes slightly above the top of the steering wheel.

• Funny
Reactions: ThomasB
At 6'-5" - you can be certain we'll be on the lookout for it. Make a night time delivery - drive it around to check it out, and if it's a no go, then they can do a replacement. Maybe they ought to keep a couple spares around the service centers during pickups ... just in case so other wiseinheimers are out there.

If you look for it you're more likely to find it. If you don't think about it then you probably won't find it. I have not tired to look for ghosting in mine and have never had a problem, even with lot of night driving.

Reactions: MikeC
Has anyone identified an actual defect in the glass that causes this? Should do a poll to see how many people actually experience it. I've never noticed it. I wear glasses to drive so maybe that modifies the issue, but even at night I haven't seen any double vision issues ever.

This is puzzling to be honest. If you never noticed it then you probably don't have that problem in your windshield. It's super easy to find it if you look for it. I don't know if you not having it gives me hope or puzzles me even more :(