Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I don't want to name my damn car!

What do you think of the concept of naming your car?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned... eight vehicles in my time, our Model 3 will make number nine. I've only named... legitimately named, three of them. My first vehicle, a 1980 Buick Regal painted in Cinnamon. I called it Heinz 57, because that's what the color looked like in the sun. The last two are our Mercs. The ML350 is Big Grey and the E350 is Little Red. My three Ford F150s, they were always call "Truck". My Ford Fusion was just called Fusion. Our Jeep Cherokee, was just Jeep. We will name our Model 3. We have a five year old and she enjoys calling our vehicles by name.

I've never named any of my cars before and personally think the whole concept is a bit silly. Is there a way to avoid naming my car? I am constantly getting notifications on my phone that "Larry" has been disconnected.

I'd also like to get the opinions of others on how they feel about this as I can't be the only one that feels this way.

Nobody is forcing you to ... :rolleyes:

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Our car is still nameless, though my daughter hasn’t given up hope that I’ll agree to “Rose” :rolleyes: Choosing names is hard for me. In fact, our daughter was nameless for a full week after her birth. It just seems like a really important decision - well, naming a human being, at least!