Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I drive a 370z now and want a M3. On Paper 0-60 is same. Driving it was intertesting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whatever

What is a sports car? It has 2 seats, it has enough power to get out of its own way, it's fast enough, it handles well enough. It's not a 911, but it's faster than a Miata. It's more of a sports car than a Model 3.
The 370z is based on the same platform as some Infiniti CUVs. That’s why people say it’s not a true sport car.
Porsches, Miata’s, S2000s were all designed from the ground up as sports cars.

The 370Z better be a sport car because it can’t do anything else.

Two doors, two seats allows you to do what else exactly for most people when they hit their 30’s?

It’s an extra car you have to carry and find parking for.

Reactions: mattack4000
I kept my z because it can dtj
The 370z is based on the same platform as some Infiniti CUVs. That’s why people say it’s not a true sport car.
Porsches, Miata’s, S2000s were all designed from the ground up as sports cars.

The gtr was based on the same platform, it does pretty well.

The s2000 engine was based on the prelude f series, that’s not exactly sports car. The Miata engine ran in many Mazda’s too.

Reactions: MXWing
The 370Z better be a sport car because it can’t do anything else.

Two doors, two seats allows you to do what else exactly for most people when they hit their 30’s?

It’s an extra car you have to carry and find parking for.

Yup. Mine is collecting dust next to my tesla....

I should also add that the car is much faster and fun at the race track. As a grocery getter and commuter, not so much.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MXWing
Well guys I bought the M3 today. I had the Z 5 years and never tracked it so I think I’m more of a stop light racer and could use something more refined which is the primary thing that peaked my interest. Nice knowing me

So I was driving in my loaner black Model S and I hear this really loud noise coming from the direction of my peripheral vision.

Looked over and was puzzled at what was so loud and so damn slow.

Was a 370Z :D