TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"I Drive Electric" Cruise - A National Drive Electric Week Event

Discussion in 'Canada' started by eMileage, Aug 8, 2016.

1. eMileage

eMileage Member

[​IMG]
    In celebration of National Drive Electric Week, Plug’n Drive invites you to join us for the “I Drive Electric” Cruise at the Canary District in downtown Toronto on September 10th, 2016. This year's BIG event is Plug’n Drive’s way of recognizing the leadership of early EV adopters who are lowering their carbon footprint and thanking them for helping Canada transition to a more sustainable transportation future.

With parking for over 300 cars, all EV owners are invited to cruise down in their EV for a day of food, music, activities and giveaways to show off their cars, meet other owners and share their electric driving experiences with the public. EV owners are also encouraged to bring a friend who has yet to take the electric plunge in order to offer them free test drives in the latest EV models and to introduce them to the EV driving community.

There will be food available with seating, the “Electric Vehicle Avenue” exhibitor area with a display of all the latest EV makes and models, charging stations and free EV test drives.

Bring your family, bring your friends and help us celebrate National Drive Electric Week.

More info and Free Registration on Eventbrite.

Even more at Facebook EVent Discussion.

• Informative x 1
  2. Blackout

Blackout Member

Great Concept, I've been kind of waiting for an event like this...I'll definitely come...

3. hacer

hacer Member

What else is going on during the week? I'll be in Niagra Falls ON on the Thursday and Montreal on Friday and Saturday.

4. eMileage

eMileage Member

#4 eMileage, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    I'm sure the week will be packed with events. There is one planned for Conestoga Mall in Kitchener and a couple of other tentative events that I've heard about (Milton and Brantford). But to get the definitive list check the events page on NDEW site regularly. I'm sure more events will likely be added as the week approaches! National Drive Electric Week 2016 - Events

5. eMileage

eMileage Member

6. Aussie Bob

Aussie Bob Member

Anything planned for Ottawa?

7. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

8. Aussie Bob

Aussie Bob Member

Ottawa listed as Sept 10

9. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

I swear it wasn't there before. ;) :p

10. Forty Creek

Forty Creek Member

Met lots of interesting people at the "I drive" cruise event today! ev event 1_2016-09-10_11-22-55.jpg

• Like x 2
  11. jason.a

jason.a Member

LOL @ Elon... Nice addition.

I had a lot of great conversations at the Toronto event as well. The EV owner turnout was excellent despite the rain, but I would have loved to see more non-owners. Hopefully the events for the rest of the week have better luck with the weather.

12. Ktowntslafan

Ktowntslafan Member

• Like x 1