TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

(i) Driver Assistance features unavailable & DEER

Discussion in 'Model X' started by TroyOrPhyllis, Nov 9, 2018.

1. TroyOrPhyllis

TroyOrPhyllis Member

98089A5E-086A-4698-80C1-8E5AE845668D.jpeg Last week a deer jumped out in front of my X 100D and it got bounced off the hood but ran off, hope it’s OK. The hood, front parts, and the shape of the frunk are damaged and numerous plastic pieces broken. Some sensors just inside the front are hanging by their wires.

Since then I get the “(i) Driver Assistance features unavailable” alert, and though line lines are displayed, NO other vehicles are displayed, cruise control won’t turn on, and auto-highbeam doesn’t know when to lower. The ultrasonic closeness warnings seem fine.

I thought it might be because the front-pointing radar(s?) is hanging by a wire instead of being mounted properly.

Which is/are the radar module, and where and what orientation should I duct tape it? Is there a diagram that shows the goodies in the front end?

I’m awaiting an appointment for body work, but hope to get the car a little more normal in the mean time!

98089A5E-086A-4698-80C1-8E5AE845668D.jpeg BC6E1F51-1BE7-44BA-8471-609A0687741E.jpeg 6AD4A1D0-A095-4E96-BE0D-03662A944E83.jpeg