Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to point out that I’ve posted more recent updates than the post you quoted from me above. Since that post, I’ve been to UP twice and they’ve been trying to help resolve this issue since my first visit to them.

UP has been very accommodating, in terms of offering to swap springs / try new isolators etc.

The main issue UP is pointing to is that the spring isolators are the cause of the clunking noise.

In my opinion, after several visits, it seems that , at least in my case, it’s not the isolators.

why?

I had UP replace isolators twice, clunk noise still there.

I had UP replace springs twice, clunk noise still there.

My amateur opinion is that I’m going to need new struts. I am going to be in touch with UP this week to see what steps they recommend moving forward.

Hmmm interesting. Thanks for the clarification. Please let us know what ends up happening! Thanks.

Just want to point out that I’ve posted more recent updates than the post you quoted from me above. Since that post, I’ve been to UP twice and they’ve been trying to help resolve this issue since my first visit to them.

UP has been very accommodating, in terms of offering to swap springs / try new isolators etc.

The main issue UP is pointing to is that the spring isolators are the cause of the clunking noise.

In my opinion, after several visits, it seems that , at least in my case, it’s not the isolators.

Just an update here, UP was able to resolve all my issues and I'm happy with the end result.

Good luck OP. Never had lowering springs or struts clunk, only sway bars, coilovers and lack of appropriate torque tightening. Hopefully they find the cause. Cold weather can sometimes cause it. Can you hear the clunk from the outside? Did you notice a clunk before springs?

Good luck OP. Never had lowering springs or struts clunk, only sway bars, coilovers and lack of appropriate torque tightening. Hopefully they find the cause. Cold weather can sometimes cause it. Can you hear the clunk from the outside? Did you notice a clunk before springs?

There was no noise when it was stock. I suppose quirky things can happen, but overall it was cleared up by UP