Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I ended up hitting a car *video*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boy it sure would be nice for everyone if a few things could be superimposed on the Video or even a separate Video.

Or perhaps a simple CSV Log file to go along with Video Clips. Once a second would be 60 lines for a 60 seconds of Video.

Speed
TACC enabled
Auto Steer Enabled
GPS Position
Brake Position
Throttle Position
Blinker

It would be so valuable to Customer and probably Tesla. That would be a lot a "Free" eyes cross checking the behavior and also not waste Tesla's time of folks claiming AutoPilot did this or that.

Boy it sure would be nice for everyone if a few things could be superimposed on the Video or even a separate Video.

Or perhaps a simple CSV Log file to go along with Video Clips. Once a second would be 60 lines for a 60 seconds of Video.

Speed
TACC enabled
Auto Steer Enabled
GPS Position
Brake Position
Throttle Position
Blinker

It would be so valuable to Customer and probably Tesla. That would be a lot a "Free" eyes cross checking the behavior and also not waste Tesla's time of folks claiming AutoPilot did this or that.
I have thought the same thing. I hope it comes sooner then later. Doesn't seem like it should be to hard to apply.

I agree. One "problem" with the car is that it tracks so damn well you can sometimes think you're on AP but you're not. It's caught me a few times, with a few blaring oh *sugar*'s. Even with AP possibly disabled, I'm surprised LDA or ELDA didn't kick in for him.

BTW to OP, thanks for sharing your mistake. We've probably all made "mistakes" too and I keep having to tell myself leave the F'n phone alone. Sometimes I might look just to see who a message is from and if important pull over. I never read it, that is my self justification that it's ok and safe. But just doing that is also asking for trouble. But I have depended on AP while I looked at the radio to select something. No worse than looking at a radio a decade ago with no AP to assist. But still, it only takes a split second looking away.

This episode of Black Mirror really hit home with me. I don't want to spoil it, I really liked it because it has helped remind me to not let myself get distracted while driving. It won't make sense until near the end when the main character gets his call through.

Smithereens (Black Mirror) - Wikipedia

i agree. i am CONVINCED tesla has a light driver assist which centres the car very gently. i