TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I feel dirty...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by AnarchyEOD, Aug 29, 2018.

1. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

So today I drove my ICE for only the second time since I got Rey, and I had to get gas. It was weird and didn’t feel right anymore, I felt dirty. I’m stuck with this ICE until May so I kinda need to drive it and when Rey goes in to get chrome deleted, PPF, and ceramic coated.... I’ll be stuck driving the ICE. Anyone else feel that way? Or is it just me....

2. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

I feel dirty whenever I roll down my window and smell the exhaust from other cars. I get how you feel.

• Like x 2
  3. kavyboy

kavyboy Member

I filled my wife's Subaru the other day. It was the fist time I had been at the pump for a year or two. It really struck me how absurd the whole thing was. I have to drive to the station and then stand in the Texas sun and pay big bucks to put smelly, highly flammable toxic chemicals into the car that's, at best, 25% efficient when it's turned into pollution. And there's no option to fuel in any other way. It's really a boiled frog type of thing that you don't realize how sucky it is until you don't have to do it for a while.

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  4. btews

btews Member

Whenever I need to drive my 2016 Volvo S60 (which is actually a pretty nice car), it now sort of feels like driving a 1970s school bus. Anything with dozens of buttons and engine sounds and fumes sort of feels like an antique once you've driven the "spaceship from the future". I also agree with the boiling frog analogy. :)

• Funny x 1
  5. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Yep. While my 3 is getting tint, and PPF, I'm stuck driving my old car that I used to really love. Also had to fill up at the gas station yesterday. Ugh! How did I do this for half my life?! It's funny (shocking?) how quickly you get used to the peaceful driving experience of the 3 (or S/X). Not to mention how easy and seamless it is to accelerate...

6. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

Do you feel gross and need to take a shower after taking a jet somewhere?

It’s great that technology has advanced far enough along that EVs are becoming practical, petrol though makes the world economy function and will continue to do so for many more years.

7. NathanielHrnblwr

Where you getting it done at? Full wrap?

8. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Yes, full wrap. I'll message you.

9. davecolene0606

Had a Mercedes loaner a few months back, it does very much feel like a giant step backwards. What really got my attention was my twins who have spent all of their driver training and the last 5 years in nothing but Tesla's. They couldn't believe how awful the Mercedes was and even more so couldn't understand why anyone would think highly of them!

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
  10. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

We just sold our Highlander and are a two Tesla family now but prior to that I hated filling up. What a waste of time. And the process of filling up always made my hands stink like gasoline afterwards. Even washing them made them smell like soapy gasoline.

11. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Just remember folks, you aren't just touching the hands of the last person that touched the gas pump, but also every person (and every thing) that person touched. ;)

I sold a highlander and moved to the 3 also!

• Like x 2
  12. Runebane

Runebane Member

While I don't feel dirty when I have to drive my ICE vehicle, it does feel sluggish both accelerating and decelerating. Also, the screen is soo freaking tiny. The 15" screen in the 3 really has spoiled me already and it's only been a few weeks. I absolutely do not miss the twice weekly gas stops. Just plug in when I get home and the car takes care of the rest.

• Like x 1
  13. Brentt

Brentt Member

I get range anxiety when I drive my F-150. I'll be driving down the highway then realize I haven't checked to see if it has gas!

• Funny x 2
  14. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

I get that, it just felt so foreign to me and weird. After one a few weeks of having an EV I just felt strange.

15. CactusOne

CactusOne Member

I believe I live next to the last “Full Service” gas station in Arizona (Sinclair in Scottsdale). I stopped by once and you should have seen the kids face..He was so excited to see a Model 3..Did a great job cleaning my windows :)

• Like x 2