TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I feel kinda out of place here

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Cool cat, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Cool cat

Cool cat Member

I don’t have a Tesla but I’m fascinated by them so I feel like I’m out of place because most people here own a Tesla

• Love x 1
  2. Pentium2004

Pentium2004 Supporting Member

Good place to learn about them.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. LargeHamCollider

LargeHamCollider Battery cells != scalable

I spent more than five years manically reading this forum before actually getting a Tesla. You are not the only one.

• Like x 4
  4. CapnLoki

CapnLoki Member

Actually, a lot of us are here because we ordered a Tesla and are hoping that it will come faster if we keep reading about them!

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Welcome to the forums and enjoy :oops:...I’m sure when you are ready to buy a Tesla you will be showered with referral codes ;)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

When I first joined I didn’t have one either and thought there was no way I could get one for years. It is a great place to learn and follow the community. Just be aware you may decide to move up any Tesla purchase timelines if you become mildly obsessed like me. :)

For the most part the community is very welcoming to folks without cars. If you are genuinely interested folks are glad to answer questions and have non owners as part of the discussions.

• Like x 2
  7. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Not true, if you spend the time reading through threads you will find lot's of people are here asking questions that do not own a Tesla.

• Informative x 1
  8. kavyboy

kavyboy Member

Most topics have been discussed in great detail already. There's a ton of info to be found using the forum search.
    Warning: Don't test drive unless you're in a position to buy.

• Like x 3
  9. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Spending too much time on this forum is a slippery slope. Like a lot of folks, I joined here without a car or order, but ended up buying one a couple years ago, a decision I haven't regretted despite the crazy price tags.

As another poster said, don't test drive until you're confident your finances are sorted - the cars sell themselves quite well.

• Like x 1
  10. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

I'm in my 12th and counting... still without a Tesla.
    If you do not count this or that...

11. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

I have yet to pickup a Tesla....

12. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

Absolutely correct. Once you take one on a test drive, it is all over, except for the shouting. Happened to me twice.

• Like x 2
  13. CotswoldSara

CotswoldSara Member

Hehehehehe, what these two both said, totally!! I held off on going for a test drive until last Sept as I knew I couldn't afford a Tesla (I'd browsed the web site & seen the price tags) but then in Sept my Lexus had chuffed me off for the umpteenth time & I was in the market for a new car; and Tesla were doing cheap finance; and Tesla were visiting a local town "on tour" ... so I booked a test drive saying to my partner "I'm just going to see what they're like, I still can't afford one" ... then I came home saying "I have to have one!! How do I do it?" :D

So, long story short, I did a whole bunch of man maths to make the sums work & by the end of Sept I had a custom order in for my Model S :D Got the car Xmas Eve Eve & it's the best thing since sliced bread, love it!

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  14. cmalinowski

cmalinowski Member

This :)

• Like x 2
  15. OptAdam

OptAdam Member

It is not a requirement to own a Tesla to be here. You just need a love for the vehicle or a want to be helpful. I am sure there is something you know alot about that you can give your opinion about and help someone out. Thats the great thing about forums.

For example: I do not personally own a Tesla but I owned a detailing company and I am here to help anyone who might have questions about how to best take care of their car.

• Like x 2
  16. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

"I have yet to pickup a Tesla"

I'm still waiting to pickup my Pickup elon-musk-on-the-tesla-electric-pickup-truck-how-about-a-mini-semi-120461_1.jpg

• Love x 1
  17. jasonb

jasonb Member

i think its fun to follow the tech and stock market battles regardless of owning anything. audi responded to tesla today by going into production. tesla will respond in turn. lets see what happens.