Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I feel like a nerd and a kid all over again, adding a Model X to the garage.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned a Model 3 LR AWD since OCT2019, where I was then a 'new' Tesla nerd that spent a lot of time reading and learning about their Company, Cars, and Tech. I got a few of my friends to buy Teslas and others hoping to get a Tesla as their next car because my spouse and I were always raving about it. At that time, I didn't care for a MX, MS or MY because I felt like my M3 had all I needed.

But at the start of this year, my interest piqued at the thought of getting an EV SUV. I compared other offerings from competitors and concluded Tesla was still the only way to go, given range, performance, and features. So I researched Used Model Xs and New Model Ys, but found the existing inventory was dried up. I kept shopping for over a couple months and still didn't buy at the end of the 1Q, when all remaining inventory was snatched up leaving almost nothing left (that matched my options) - I couldn't believe it.

This past week I started regretting not getting a used MX or new MY before the end of the quarter. I would have to custom order or wait til the refresh starts delivering, which I'm not that interested in: I just want a EV SUV that seats more than 5 comfortably for road trips with kids. The refresh would also put me outside of the budget of under $100k.

I went back to my normal life this week forgetting about Tesla shopping when I answered a Tesla Sales Call followup today. I explained the options I was looking for and was expecting to be told to wait for the refresh. To my excitement, I ended the call with an Order for an existing Inventory Demo MX with a price adjustment that fit my budget and needs perfectly. 2020 Model X Performance for $85,200. It has 5,000 miles and 6 seats. I didn't know these situations existed but I feel like a 'new" Tesla nerd all over again. I can't wait for the delivery and to take our first road-trip!

I'm new to the Model X and am watching videos and reading about all its technicalities and features. I'm also new to the forums and this is my first post ever on a Tesla community. Looking forward to reporting back through delivery and ownership phases.

Andrew.
Model 3 LR AWD
Model X P 'Ordered'

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 7.57.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 7.57.37 PM.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 123
I went back to my normal life this week forgetting about Tesla shopping when I answered a Tesla Sales Call followup today. I explained the options I was looking for and was expecting to be told to wait for the refresh. To my excitement, I ended the call with an Order for an existing Inventory Demo MX with a price adjustment that fit my budget and needs perfectly. 2020 Model X Performance for $85,200. It has 5,000 miles and 6 seats. I didn't know these situations existed but I feel like a 'new" Tesla nerd all over again. I can't wait for the delivery and to take our first road-trip!

I'm new to the Model X and am watching videos and reading about all its technicalities and features. I'm also new to the forums and this is my first post ever on a Tesla community. Looking forward to reporting back through delivery and ownership phases.
Congrats. I had a '16 Signature X until a deer totaled it then I shopped like you and got a demo/service_loaner and am very happy with my choice.

Here are a couple of thread that may be useful:

Congrats.
since essentially noone is purchasing the 2020’s right now, pending the refresh, you could ask them to flip the switch for FSD. You’d probably be able to get it thrown into the deal.

Thanks everyone! I did not expect this to happen today - so I'm still in disbelief. @Bigriver I should be hearing from the delivery advisor tomorrow or the day after. SA said I should have it within a week if all goes well.

If anyone is still looking for a 2020 Model X that has not been registered yet, here are two that my SA found and sent me during today's call. These were not visible to me on the public facing Tesla website, but maybe others have special privileges or hacks that can see them. Anyway, for anyone whose looking:

Demo 2020 Model X Perf Black adjusted $20,520

2020 Model X Perf White Adjusted $7,940

Cheers,
Andrew

Reactions: VikH
I've owned a Model 3 LR AWD since OCT2019, where I was then a 'new' Tesla nerd that spent a lot of time reading and learning about their Company, Cars, and Tech. I got a few of my friends to buy Teslas and others hoping to get a Tesla as their next car because my spouse and I were always raving about it. At that time, I didn't care for a MX, MS or MY because I felt like my M3 had all I needed.

But at the start of this year, my interest piqued at the thought of getting an EV SUV. I compared other offerings from competitors and concluded Tesla was still the only way to go, given range, performance, and features. So I researched Used Model Xs and New Model Ys, but found the existing inventory was dried up. I kept shopping for over a couple months and still didn't buy at the end of the 1Q, when all remaining inventory was snatched up leaving almost nothing left (that matched my options) - I couldn't believe it.

This past week I started regretting not getting a used MX or new MY before the end of the quarter. I would have to custom order or wait til the refresh starts delivering, which I'm not that interested in: I just want a EV SUV that seats more than 5 comfortably for road trips with kids. The refresh would also put me outside of the budget of under $100k.

Andrew.
Model 3 LR AWD
Model X P 'Ordered'
Great adjustment! Congrats. Surprising to see low mile pre-refresh cars still on lots. Did they let you lease it?