Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I feel like there's something wrong with my '22 MY LR charging curve - is there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The normal charging curve I expect when starting from low SOC at a 250kW station is to maintain 250KW until like 30% before gradually tapering down. In my new MY LR 2022, delivered in late November, I've had 2 chances to charge from low SOC. The curve is NOT what I Expect nor is it similar to charging experience of a 2021 MY LR I've driven frequently on road trips (family car - later bought my own).

See below charts for my charge curves. One was at a Gilroy SC and the other was at a Santa Cruz SC, both 250KW and there were NO other cars connected to the same circuit (which I know doesn't matter for V3 anyways). I started at 15% SOC for both. The GIlroy one exhibited weird behavior, and the SC was unable to maintain 250kw for more than one percent. For ease of viewing the red arrow points to the charging curve. I had already driven 1+ hour AND selected SC pre-conditioning so it shouldn't bean issue.

Is there something fundamentally different with the battery of new MY LR built in 2021 compared to one that was built in Oct 2020?

chunky charge gilroy.png
chunky charge sc.png

The normal charging curve I expect when starting from low SOC at a 250kW station is to maintain 250KW until like 30% before gradually tapering down.
There are YouTube video with screen recordings of the charging stats. The longest one I saw showed unexceptional performance. I'd hunt up some of those.

In my own, limited, experience the Super Charger power curves don't look as you describe.