Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I feel terrible for GM Bolt owners as a former Volt owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long road down from US 55% market share to ~17%

Even longer list of dropped products. Volt (seems the only competition the Prius ever had) along with Saturn (always a shortage)
Electrics - only the ones I remember 3 Electrovairs (2 of the Corvair and 1 wagon) EV-1 had to crush those - "who killed the Electric Car - great flick.
Wikipedia & internet searches for details

I can't begin to remember all the dropped models ...

Reactions: MontyFloyd
Failure is sooo lucrative for execs and management. When these auto execs anticipated Tesla to fail, they really meant the opposite where failure equates to success.

GM's definition of their success = watching their market share and margins degrade year after year
GM's definition of Tesla's failure = watching Tesla's market share and margins increase year after year, becoming the most valuable auto manufacturer

Just proves how idiotic top management is, seems to be an affliction to 95% of top management all over world (remember Behr Sterns and Lehman Brothers?)

GM had the chance with the EV1, the success of Hybrids proved there was a market for efficiency chasers.
Ignored.

buh buy.

Recalling (not a SW OTA update) every single Bolt EV manufactured to replace the battery pack is an inenviable record. Somehow I don't think their customers are that thrilled, but they must be used to it by now.

Long road down from US 55% market share to ~17%

Even longer list of dropped products. Volt (seems the only competition the Prius ever had) along with Saturn (always a shortage)
Electrics - only the ones I remember 3 Electrovairs (2 of the Corvair and 1 wagon) EV-1 had to crush those - "who killed the Electric Car - great flick.
Wikipedia & internet searches for details

I can't begin to remember all the dropped models ...

Reactions: MontyFloyd