TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I felt a bit bad...

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Canuck, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

#1 Canuck, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    For the P85 owners when so shortly thereafter the P85+ came out; then for the P85+ owners when so shortly thereafter the P85D came out; then for the P85D owners when so shortly thereafter the P90D came out; then for the P90D owners when so shortly thereafter the P90DL came out; then for the P90DL owners when so shortly thereafter the P100D came out.

To be continued...

(Only a little bit bad, since they are all still great cars. It just seems like a very short time to have the latest and greatest. Something tells me the P100D will last longer than before but who knows?)

• Like x 2
  2. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

I don't feel bad. My P85 has a quiet motor and an enormous amount of frunk. Those 'D' models which came after it? Not so much.

• Like x 3
  3. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

Ever tried buying the fastest CPU?
    Or the fastest video card?
    Or the best phone?
    Or the best xyz?

The best things have very short stage time for playing the best.

• Like x 4
  4. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Indeed:

[​IMG]

• Like x 8
  5. Simon Sunshine

New technology, changing the whole transportation concept towards a sustainable future..... what do you think? Lost of changes and improvements have been made so far and will certainly be required the next couple of years. Be proud to be among the happy few to lead and support this transition towards sustainability as drive by Elon Musk and Tesla.

6. Neohippy

Neohippy Member

Most people know they are paying a premium for the latest technology and it doesn't last. These days buying a new Tesla is like buying a new IPhone or the the latest TV. Most people would gladly take a P85D.

• Like x 1
  7. Xenius

Xenius Member

I don't feel bad at all. Just like I won't feel bad when it turns out my brand new 60D missed the new autopilot 2.0 harness by a few weeks. c'est la vie.

Would I go back in time and hold off my order? Hell no. My life has forever changed, due to "just a car" and there's no going back.

• Like x 6
  8. Brass Guy

Brass Guy Member

I felt bad for the purchasers of P85 when the 85D turned out to be just as fast after a software update.

9. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

Funny that, because the 85D feels hesitant compared to the P85. Not desputing the evidence, but one feels like a performance car to drive, the other does not.

I feel sorry for anyone wanting a brand new Performance Model S with RWD only :)

• Like x 2
  10. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

My first Model S - a P85+ delivered in June 2013 fully loaded (less jump seats) was $115k (more than I ever paid for a car).
    My second Model S - a P85D delivered in Dec 2014 fully loaded (less jump seats) was $131k (way more than I ever paid for a car).
    To get a fully loaded (less jump seats) P100D is now around $156k (I think I would go for a 75D if I was ordering today).

So there's that... :)

• Like x 1
  11. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Never mind, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Now it's Whitening Knuckles, Discolored Underoos

And that's before you get anywhere near the car :)

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  12. deonb

deonb Active Member

I feel bad for the people who didn't get to drive a Model S for the last 4 years.

• Like x 8
    • Love x 2
  13. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

This. Tesla should definitely consider a premium drivers car when they run out of 0-60 focused ideas . I would have gone for the S90 if it was still offered. The 60/70 max output is still below the original P85 and maybe even the S85. :(

14. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
  15. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

I feel bad when I run out of cake. Just sayin...

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  16. Xenius

Xenius Member

It's a lie anyway.

17. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

:eek:

18. number12

number12 Member

Which of those cost $100K the whole apple iphone analogy is over used and irrelevant

Most people on here could buy the newest iphone every time it comes out and not blink

19. mmccord

mmccord Member

I've driven both (own an 85D, have had a P85 loaner). No noticeable difference in power, but the P85 sure liked to let the rear end loose. I guess if you're into that it's more sporty. I'm no professional driver so I prefer the 'point and shoot' version.

• Like x 1
  20. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Well actually, I don't really feel bad for the owners of all the awesome cars I listed above. I just wanted to point out how fast things change and I needed a hook. But now that you mention it, I do feel a little, tiny bit bad for me missing out on AP1.0. Would I do it differently if I could, and hold off on getting my car, which I had from March 2014 including a great summer with my family before AP came out in Sept 2014? Not a chance, I'm not getting any younger and I'll never get those months, and that summer, back with my Tesla and my family (not necessarily in that order).

But at the same time, can't I still feel a little bad for myself for missing out? It quickly goes away though thinking about my large frunk, 80 amp car that I still enjoy driving every day. Plus, I'll get AP 2.0 in a smaller, zippy, fully loaded Model 3, and I'll still be keeping my beastly Model S.

Of course not but it's better to be happy and have things than happy with no things. Even if you're miserable, it's easier being miserable with things than miserable without things. My family is the best thing to me (even though they are not a 'thing'), but it gets even better with me and my family in my Tesla heading to our cabin.