Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I finally did it... 2021 Model Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I have been stalking EV for a while having driven ICE for a long time and a plug-in hybrid (BMW i8) but decided to take the plunge. Test drove a bunch of cars including Porsche Taycan 4S and settled on the Model Y Performance largely based on range, availability of supercharging network and constantly upgraded software. So now my journey on this new adventure begins. I will be documenting it as I learn from my new family. Still have lots of question and lots to learn.

Nice, been following you since, well, the M3 days on Bimmerpost. Welcome! It's not quite a lambo but, well, hey. :)

I'm a huge Porsche fan (and owner) but I can't get my head wrapped around the price of the Taycan. Plus, it's not as usable even as a Model 3. Rear seat tighter, trunk smaller, slower than a 3 Performance (4S is anyway).

Nice, been following you since, well, the M3 days on Bimmerpost. Welcome! It's not quite a lambo but, well, hey. :)

I'm a huge Porsche fan (and owner) but I can't get my head wrapped around the price of the Taycan. Plus, it's not as usable even as a Model 3. Rear seat tighter, trunk smaller, slower than a 3 Performance (4S is anyway).

Hey - we seem to always be buying the same brands. BMW, then Porsche, now Tesla. I'm thinking of adding one to my garage. What's your take on MYP vs M3P? I was leaning MYP because I love hatchbacks and also I'm not sure I can get a rear facing child seat in the 3.

Reactions: DoctaM3

Thanks. I appreciate the support over the years and glad to be part of the Tesla family.

Reactions: Needsdecaf
Hey - we seem to always be buying the same brands. BMW, then Porsche, now Tesla. I'm thinking of adding one to my garage. What's your take on MYP vs M3P? I was leaning MYP because I love hatchbacks and also I'm not sure I can get a rear facing child seat in the 3.
I seriously considered both. I think overall, the utility of the MYP is what sold me. If range is key to you, then M3P is the way to go. These are pretty close in performance (honestly, unless you are at the drag strip all the time, you won't notice the big difference between the two). The higher ride height is a big plus too in getting in and out of the vehicle.

I seriously considered both. I think overall, the utility of the MYP is what sold me. If range is key to you, then M3P is the way to go. These are pretty close in performance (honestly, unless you are at the drag strip all the time, you won't notice the big difference between the two). The higher ride height is a big plus too in getting in and out of the vehicle.

Range doesn't matter. Its the same ballpark. If I have a longer trip I take a plane.

Congrats, and you got my identical color and configuration too! I watched your EV shopping videos and thought you’d go for the Taycan 4S esp. with the suspension and ride difference on your roads. Will follow your journey on what you decide to do with the suspension and the car. Enjoy!