TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I finally did it!!!!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by x2Go, Mar 26, 2015.

1. x2Go

x2Go New Member

Well after years of saving and dreaming of one day owning a Tesla, I finally took the plunge and put a deposit on a brand new MS85!!

I couldn't stop smiling at the dealership. This is such a huge accomplishment in my life and I'm just tickled pink :love:

I swear this car was waiting on me because I was just in the store on yesterday and it was not in the system. Went in this morning, prepared to put a deposit on a new build and Voila... another store had a brand new one with the exact same specs that I would have chosen. I get to pick it up on Monday.

A big thanks to TMC for the wealth of info provided for owners and "newbies" like me.

This feels amazing!!!

2. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

Congratulations on the new car! :)

As someone who also bought a Tesla "from the lot" (usually that never happens for me), I feel your joy. Enjoy!

3. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

Nice! You'll love it

4. Forty Creek

Forty Creek Member

And the feeling never gets old! Congrats.

5. EMP40

EMP40 Member

Congratulations! So I am at your starting point. I started seeing Model S cars here in Roseville CA and needing to replace our 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland soon, albeit only 70K miles. I started researching and the more I read the more interesting it got. Mind you I am not big on environmental issues so emissions alone would not convince me. I went to the service center here locally and got a quick ride in a P85D, holy crap; blows away the 67 Shelby I once had. A few days later I went for a test drive, I am hooked, i am very surprised that the car is better then the 2 BMW's I have had. The "EV" is just an extra bonus and will hopefully help me justify the expense with the wife. I am another example of the guy who would not have thought to buy an electric vehicle. i hope to buy an S85D in the coming months.

6. fadkar

fadkar Member

Congrats!!
    We never drove fuel efficient cars... None of them were as fun as a big ol' V8... That is until we drove the P85D! Tesla has really succeeded in my eyes because of the fact that they appeal not just to the responsible folks who drive efficient cars.

7. jcjj

jcjj Member

Congratulations!
    I have been wanting a Tesla since the Model S debuted several years ago. My Ford Focus Electric lease is up in 10 months, so hope to be in a S85 before then. Would love to not have to worry about range anxiety just driving 60 highway miles.

8. 1208

1208 Active Member

Congratulations. It must feel even better after having to wait and save for it.:smile:

9. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Congrats! Only one more day of TESLAnxiety!!!...lucky you they had one to your specs and you didn't have to wait months after putting down a deposit--that's a long, hard wait that most of us have had to endure! :cursing: Very happy of you though. Aloha!

10. bluenation

bluenation Member

congrats! you're living our collective draems :)

do update us on your experiences, perhaps post some vids ;)

11. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Congrats! So glad you found one in inventory, the wait for a new build is torture. I didn't sleep for nearly 2 months. Almost 2 years and over 29,000 miles later, it's still a joy every day to drive this amazing machine.

12. artsci

artsci Sponsor

+1, and best wishes.

13. P85DBeast

P85DBeast 3 Model S!! 85D,P85D,P100D

I know you will love it but I didn't get my from the dealership I had to wait you saw yours and get Monday have a nice time with your model s and remember I hope you enjoy it I had to wait 2 months but now I have my p85d and you accomplished a lot to get what you wanted I had to do the same thing.

14. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

Congrats! I'm torn right now -- I could get a fairly basic model (85/Tech/Pano) within a few months or hold out for a year and really get it decked out. Decisions, decisions...

15. sickfox

sickfox Member

+1000 It was a very long wait for most of us! :redface: Congrats on your new ride.

16. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Buy All the Teslas! :-D

17. XxCyberHackerxX

when I order my Tesla P85D I'm going to have in delivered to my job and see if anyone will notice a new shinny supercar in the parking lot

18. JimmyAZ

JimmyAZ Member

Wow you really lucked out with the car! Congratulations. Most of us have to sharpen our 'patience skills' and wait. I'm currently in the queue and will hopefully have mine at the beginning of May. Have fun and welcome to the club!

19. x2Go

x2Go New Member

Well...it's official!!!! I picked up my car today. I find it absolutely hilarious when people are checking out your car at a red light and then when I look at them they quickly turn their heads.:-D Does this happen a lot? Anyways, I just wanted to give you some glamour shots of my new wheels....... LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!
    IMG_0958.JPG IMG_0962.JPG

20. ny888

ny888 Member

Gorgeous !