Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I finally got a Kuat 2.0, but hitch pin won't fit my MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a Kuat with the same problem. Did they get more original locking pins in stock?
They shipped mine on 8/25. I also found you can swap the lock cores. They sent me a core matching the cores on the bike cable locks so now I have just one key for everything. I find it is also much easier to get the key in without sitting on the ground to see the lock. The plastic grip on the newer core key doesn't slip/spin like the V1 all metal keys. Vast improvement. I got the replacement pin/lock off the first time in about 5 seconds standing up / bending not able to see but getting the key in by feel.

I have to say the Kuat customer service has been fantastic.

One caution on changing the cores. I didn't see any instructions (there was card indicating go to Kuat.com for instructions that I missed) but figured how hard is this? I've changed cores on Thule and Yakima a couple times. You use a master key like Thule & Yakima but also a pin to release it. DON'T PULL THE PIN OUT BEFORE PUTTING THE NEW CORE IN! ! I did. The internals rotate to a position that doesn't work. The core goes in but the pin doesn't lock. It was a real bitch to rotate the bits back and re-insert the pin.

• Informative
Reactions: AprilMay