TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I finally got my HPWC installed!

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Jason Shelton, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Jason Shelton

Jason Shelton Member

Installation of my HPWC is complete. I'm not really charging at a super fast rate. I got the HPWC because I didn't want to take my cord out of my car every single day to charge. So this way I can pull up and plug in. Its getting about 20 miles an hour right now, which my car is parked for 9 hours hours a day. So I can charge to 80% or 90% every single day with no problem. Pretty clean setup. Eventually my job is going to cut the bushes and install pavers so its easier to plug in. Im just happy I don't have to charge at super chargers anymore.

Attached Files:

2. Dan1

Dan1 Member

How long did the HPWC take to arrive from the time you placed your order?

3. Jason Shelton

Jason Shelton Member

I actually ordered it online and then the same afternoon I decided to call my local SC (Costa Mesa) and they had it in stock so I went and picked it up the same day. Its a great charger!

4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

187V... That's not something I see everyday. Is this a commercial building location for the charger?

I'm used to seeing 200-208V or around 240V.

5. Jason Shelton

Jason Shelton Member

Yes it is a commercial building. They did say that over the weekend they will do something that would bring it up to 220V. Not a big deal for me since its parked here for 9 hours a day. So no matter what ill have 90% charge everyday.

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

That is a pretty big voltage sag. Check your conductors if they are sufficient size for the length of the run. You may have some heating somewhere!