Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I finally joined the Tesla family!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! I didn't have any problems with the same car in Canada, where im actualy living. I`ve just received mу Tesla from the USA (who is interested - through these guys Customs Broker | Canadian Customs Clearance | Import to Canada | Clearit.ca) and everything seems to be in order.
I have read elsewhere in the forums that U.S.-delivered vehicles could not be registered in Canada because they didn't meet certain requirements (e.g. red buttons on seat-belt buckles). Did they have to modify the car?

I have read elsewhere in the forums that U.S.-delivered vehicles could not be registered in Canada because they didn't meet certain requirements (e.g. red buttons on seat-belt buckles). Did they have to modify the car?

Yeah they’re still on the list of cars that cannot be imported as Tesla has told Transport Canada that their service centers “are currently not in a position to support the substantial modifications required to bring U.S. Model S and Model X vehicles into compliance with Canadian requirements”. That said, I’m not exactly sure which modifications need to be made for a US Model X/S to be admissible in Canada. I know it must not be about the red belt buckle buttons though: I recently bought a Canadian inventory car from the Toronto showroom that has black buckles.

See the Transport Canada page here: TESLA MOTORS.

Thank you all. I’m basically just reading up on things to make time go by faster.
Same here! Ordered my Model S on Dec. 11 and got my VIN last weekend. Production slated for Feb. 19th. Of course, that doesn't mean a whole lot. I have a friend whose Model S (in 2016) was scheduled for production on Nov. 20, car was ready to ship on Nov. 21st and it arrived here in TN on Dec. 1st. I should be so lucky!