TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I finally sold my ICE!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Btrflyl8e, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

I really don't know why it took me so long since I've driven my Genesis Coupe only once since I got my MS and hated every moment... but I still had a hard time letting go!

Today I took it to be washed and vacuumed and then went straight to CarMax. I just don't have the time or patience to deal with selling it myself. They gave me the number I had in my head as the lowest offer I would accept, so I bid her farewell and left with a check in less than an hour!

I felt the price they gave me was very fair. And now I'm free of a car I would never drive again anyway!

2. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

Down payment for another MS? This one for your significant other? Congrats!

3. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

I really want a gray one...LOL.

4. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

I am forcing myself to drive our 2001 Toyota 4Runner once a week to keep the battery charged. I think we need it when we take the dog to the beach or go camping, but do we really need it.

5. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

Just listed my 2007 Toyota Tacoma today!

I've probably driven it 1000 miles in 12 months, with 14,000 miles on my MS in that time.

The Tacoma has an insane resale value. Paid $25.2K in 2007, KBB lists private party value as $21.9. It comes to something like $50 a month for the past 6.5 years...

6. Owner

Owner Active Member

I plug in my ICE to keep the battery conditioned. I am embarrassed to admit how many batteries I killed not driving the car. It is a Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4WD that for some reason likes to wear out batteries. I'm keeping it for now as it is 4WD and fits a few things the Model S does not.

7. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Wow! That's impressive resale! Unfortunately my Genesis didn't fare quite as well, but not as bad as other cars I've had in the past. I also had to take the hit by not selling it outright myself, but my time is worth a lot to me so...

- - - Updated - - -

I had to replace my battery a couple of months ago, and it still was dead yesterday when I went to take it to the car wash. FL heat is brutal on those batteries! It was driven once a week (just not by me!)

- - - Updated - - -

I vote no!

8. Jonathan Hewitt

Jonathan Hewitt Active Member

Good job! Isn't it such a relief? I thought so when I got rid of my ICE. Now I just need to get a Model X to get rid of my wife's ICE. Speaking of, we haven't driven it in a while now that she's staying home with the baby...I better take it out soon to make sure it keeps working...

9. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

Good for you. I sold my Toyota van two days after we got the LEAF. Wife's Buick hung around for about five days after the Tesla arrived. She is a fine driver, but takes a few days to get comfortable in a new car.

Sadly, she opted for the LEAF and stuck me with the Tesla.:wink:

10. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

It did feel good, but was still sad. I get too attached to my vehicles. The young guy handling the paperwork said they were all outside checking it out... my Genesis! Funny, I had way more people ask me to lower my window to ask me what kind of car it was than I do in my Tesla. (I had rebadged it with the Genesis badges and put fancier LED taillights on it). Still sucked to drive it after the Model S!