Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I found a P90DL, but it doesn't have red brakes and is missing spoiler? Is it a stealth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a 2016 P90DL for sale near me. It's a 2016 with refreshed front end, but it's missing the red brakes and spoiler. Did Tesla make stealth P90Ds? Badging and computer both say P90D. Anything to be super worried about? It shows LTU on the MCU, so I assume someone upgraded the MCU at one point or they paid for the LTE upgrade?

I can't say for certain with the 2016, but I know for a very late 2015 P90D, was at a time when Tesla still offered several "OPTIONS". One was black or red calipers. I chose black on mine. Also, the spoiler was a no cost "OPTION" as well.

If the calipers are "grey" instead of gloss black, then that would be a red flag as I don't believe the grey was an option on the P90D, it was red or black. The grey calipers were for the Non Performance models.

Reactions: Cheburashka
Another easy tell on a refresh Model S is if there are one or two calipers per rear wheel. The 2016+ refresh P versions still used the original Model S dual rear calipers, while the refresh 2016+ standard S models were changed to single rear wheel calipers...