Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I found a secret lot of Model 3's in Irvine and valets are shredding tires.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
I've been doing work at a data center in Irvine that is connected to an inconspicuous, gated parking lot that seems to store quite a bit of Model 3s.

I left the data center at 2:00AM this morning and was contemplating poking around the lot but was deterred by a posted security guard. LOL

What annoyed me as I was going in and out of the data center throughout the day was valets were burning tires coming in and out of the parking lot.

No wonder tire life is *sugar* on Tesla's. All the tread is gone before they get to the owners.

We are seemingly oblivious to valets not abusing our vehicles and nannies not abusing out children because we don't see it happen. IT -CAN- HAPPEN.

Considering I saw more than one person do this, I don't believe it was an isolated incident.

Someone with connections at Tesla needs to report this up stat. @bonnie ?

I've been doing work at a data center in Irvine that is connected to an inconspicuous, gated parking lot that seems to store quite a bit of Model 3s.

I left the data center at 2:00AM this morning and was contemplating poking around the lot but was deterred by a posted security guard. LOL

What annoyed me as I was going in and out of the data center throughout the day was valets were burning tires coming in and out of the parking lot.

No wonder tire life is *sugar* on Tesla's. All the tread is gone before they get to the owners.

We are seemingly oblivious to valets not abusing our vehicles and nannies not abusing out children because we don't see it happen. IT -CAN- HAPPEN.

Considering I saw more than one person do this, I don't believe it was an isolated incident.

Someone with connections at Tesla needs to report this up stat. @bonnie ?
As they say, "videos or it didn't happen". My Model 3 can not burn rubber. It can do the 1/4 in 13.59 but no rear wheel spin.

As they say, "videos or it didn't happen". My Model 3 can not burn rubber. It can do the 1/4 in 13.59 but no rear wheel spin.
Maybe it was just Franz, with his personal Performance car's "Track mode" switch flipped, out in the parking lot feeling his oats after a night of karaoke?

EDIT: Put in a more serious way, maybe this was some of the showroom units that they're "practicing" with. We have the video to show that at least in testing they have a mode (or some other means) that disables the T/C enough to "burn rubber".

I wonder if this is for Costa Mesa only.
C9EF8959-52AA-4715-A3F1-6F4E670DA116.jpeg

Lol this is like when I bring my car to service center looking at the energy graph I can tell the service center guys are doing Luda launches ...great find @MXWing ....make sure the 3 guys add “...check tire depth.” To the 200 point delivery checklist :oops:

I’m not a fan of anyone driving like that, when the car isn’t theirs.
However, the skids here and there will ultimately have little to no impact on your tire life.
I wouldn’t think this occurs all day long though. It’s likely one or two guys only.

Not the point. Inappropriate behavior and not something Elon would condone being done to customer’s cars.

Lol this is like when I bring my car to service center looking at the energy graph I can tell the service center guys are doing Luda launches ...great find @MXWing ....make sure the 3 guys add “...check tire depth.” To the 200 point delivery checklist :oops:

I really wouldn’t have notice if it happened once to one car. Had it not been a convoy of 3 cars in a row that did it exiting the lot the first time I wouldn’t of paid mind. Like it was a game with other people’s property. :(

Well the service center crashed my P85D and I think they crashed another guys X P100D on the forums as well ...lol hope the liability insurance is good ...I pretty much expect when I take car for service bunch of Luda launches are on tap ...:eek:

Uh, no. How are you okay with this? I'm gonna be an unhappy camper when/if I have this happen with my 3.

Actually I’m not happy with this as they joy rided my car at costa Mesa and crashed it a few years back ...but I can’t baby sit my car either at service ..I just switched service centers but I always see my energy graph tripled from when I dropped off ..