Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I give up: how do I install the 14-50 plug adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to Tesla. Electrician installed 14-50 outlet in the garage, and my 14-50 adapter just arrived. I think I am to remove the 110V connector that came preinstalled, but no instructions as to how to make the swap. I don't want to just yank it out, but maybe that is how! There are 1.23 million YouTube videos of putting in the wall outlet, and even a 30 second video of hot to just open the box. Really; who doesn't know how to open a doggone box?

No video, no drawing, no description found. Please just keep it simple: how do I get the 110 connector out???

Well a one work answer is about as simple as one can get. Really appreciate it. Car new and my first, so I suspect I'll be back again. Much grass.

Dont feel bad, it doesnt seem like the adapters want to come out of the mobile connector. The first time you go to remove one, it feels "really" wedged in there, and that yanking it out would break something.

Here’s the relevant info from the user manual.

Attachments

• B7F37C36-1605-4D0E-B593-4BAEA6F48E82.jpeg
    B7F37C36-1605-4D0E-B593-4BAEA6F48E82.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 80
Yank that cord right out of the adopter and put in the 14-50. It is that simple.

Don’t feel stupid about it, it’s not super obvious that they yank out abs it takes some elbow grease. When I first switch mine out it took me a second to realize you just pull out the entire plug opposite the car connector.