Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got a new laptop with a 5400 RPM hard drive, and a V8 Mustang GT!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just love the mechanical nature of a proper hard disk drive. Those new-fangled NVME drives are for libtards. Oh sure, write speeds of 6GB/s and higher are nice and all, but NVME just doesn't provide the emotional connection that I get from a mechanical drive's whirs and clicks at 500MB/s on the best of days. Those sound are so central to enjoying computing.

And for similar reasons, I like my vehicles louder, less efficient, slower, and less reliable. A V8 rumble while I sit in traffic and listen to AC/DC is so much more involving than no V8 rumble while I sit in traffic and listen to AC/DC. I don't mind it when a Tesla easily zips ahead of me, because that guy isn't going to wake the neighbor's newborn at 7AM on a Saturday, firing up his engine. Priceless! So as I stand here at the gas pump, hands filthy, I can take comfort in knowing that if I ever choose to go on a 1000 mile car trip, I'll have an easier time of it. I mean, sure, with the money he saved on gas, he can fly 1000 miles and rent a car, but I have all that flexibility I'll rarely if ever use.

Suck it, EV losers!