Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I GOT A VIN!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called a ton of places on the 30th, 31st - no go, all black interiors. Made calls again on the 6th, 7th and 8th. I gave up to wait until I got a call. But, on a whim, I called and talked to a lovely gentleman where I have had the best interactions over the phone. Bless his heart, he found me AN EXACT MATCH! AND I got a VIN #5**. A 500 VIN!!!! Whoop - Whoop! Only sucky thing is that I have to take it straight to AZ to get it registered so I don't have to pay CA tax.

WHOOP! WHOOP!!!

I think it's in Fremont, or being transported back to Fremont. I am still waiting for more info from the rep. I will have to drive it over the line for registration within 24 hours. However, AZ DMV is closed to the public right now, so I will have to call and do it over the phone.

Wow that's some dedication, traveling to Fremont to pick up a car :) glad you found what your looking for! When they initiated the shutdown I think all trucks stopped leaving Fremont so only cars at service centers or Fremont are available and no delivery.

I really don't understand why 'we' as customers, who have put desposits down, have to 'call around' just to find a car that is available.. TESLA is such a Future-thinking Tech-Savvy company providing groundbreaking Technologies... just makes no sense. Whats really going on?

I can understand the frustration, as I put in my reservation on 3/17/19 and just recently got contacted for delivery. After getting my trade price and financing set up, things have halted. My delivery person doesn't reply to e-mails in a timely fashion at all. I asked if it was possible to find cars of different colors and wheels that might be options and was told to contact local deliver locations on my own. So I can agree that Tesla is not handling this well. Communication is a big factor in this. I think a simple communication on how delivery was going to take place would have solved a lot of concerns. If they were up front about the production line producing performance models initially and that other models would arrive later would have helped. Right now it all seems very random and for a high tech company doing things in a random fashion just doesn't give you any confidence. I hoping they are taking time to iron out some kinks while things are slowed or shutdown by the COVID-19 mess.

Reactions: Picasso
I can understand the frustration, as I put in my reservation on 3/17/19 and just recently got contacted for delivery. After getting my trade price and financing set up, things have halted. My delivery person doesn't reply to e-mails in a timely fashion at all. I asked if it was possible to find cars of different colors and wheels that might be options and was told to contact local deliver locations on my own. So I can agree that Tesla is not handling this well. Communication is a big factor in this. I think a simple communication on how delivery was going to take place would have solved a lot of concerns. If they were up front about the production line producing performance models initially and that other models would arrive later would have helped. Right now it all seems very random and for a high tech company doing things in a random fashion just doesn't give you any confidence. I hoping they are taking time to iron out some kinks while things are slowed or shutdown by the COVID-19 mess.

I'm in the same boat. I put in order in March, got text messages regarding payment. But no one ever followed up.

They couldn't even raise security at the plant earlier this week, which I thought was odd. I guess they don't have anyone coming into the plant to work. It seems to me that this would be a good time to

UPDATE: it's a no go. Apparently it has issues, which is why it is still sitting at Fremont...:(
The agony and ecstasy of early MY buyers. (In your case, ecstacy and agony.)

• Funny
Reactions: IdaBish