Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got booted out of my Tesla app

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
When I went to check charge this morning, I got something like this on the app:

"Atticus has been removed from your account".

(Atticus is the car's name!).

Now when I try to login I get :

"There are no products linked to your account".

Very odd. I've started using TeslaFi - could this be an issue?

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Log on to Tesla.com and check your account. Is your car still in it? If so, restart your phone and try logging into the app again.
If not, contact Tesla Customer service. Have your car's VIN ready when you talk to them.

• Informative
Reactions: Fullerene

Rooster6655

May 3, 2019
UK

Phone them up ...

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
That's a pretty savvy observation. Very well could be that. Just sit tight and wait. Regardless of what the cause is, it will settle down.

tsh2

Aug 27, 2019
Cambridge, UK
This is generally something to worry about, it looks like either a phishing attack (forced or faked de-auth to trigger password capture), or an actual account takeover. Get on the phone, and be suspicious.

Andy_T_73

Jul 22, 2019
Prestwick
Did I read somewhere that if you get logged out then the phone can't be used to open and drive the car? I'll probably leave my RFID card in my wallet as a back up.

Jason71

May 8, 2019
Shropshire

Teslafi should not be a problem. The Tesla system supports multiple valid api tokens simultaneously so teslafi using your credentials to get a token should not invalidate the one the app uses. the only thing that should do that is changing the password

KennethS

Supporting Member
May 3, 2019
UK
Did I read somewhere that if you get logged out then the phone can't be used to open and drive the car? I'll probably leave my RFID card in my wallet as a back up.
You should carry a card key as a failsafe always, since a phone can break, run out of charge, get stolen, etc. I have not needed to use my card key for a backup yet, but do carry it with me.

Reactions: TM3PTN

Rooster6655

May 3, 2019
UK
Nice one Centurian!

No problem, when it comes to your Tesla not associating your account with your car there is little help that others can provide apart from Tesla direct!

Always carry a backup, phones can die unexpectedly or have issues with connecting to the car.

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
No problem, when it comes to your Tesla not associating your account with your car there is little help that others can provide apart from Tesla direct!
I wasn't being sarcastic or doubting your wisdom. My joke was about the concept of calling Tesla with any expectation of them answering the phone!

Reactions: sceptic

Rooster6655

May 3, 2019
UK
I wasn't being sarcastic or doubting your wisdom. My joke was about the concept of calling Tesla with any expectation of them answering the phone!

I didn't get what you meant initially, they have nothing else to do anymore now that the end of quarter rush is over so they probably answer after 5 seconds to keep Elon from firing them!

• Disagree
Reactions: sceptic

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
I didn't get what you meant initially, they have nothing else to do anymore now that the end of quarter rush is over so they probably answer after 5 seconds to keep Elon from firing them!
Sorry - Monty Python reference. Life of Brian. The scene when Brian is imprisoned with a madman (Ben) and then released:

JAILER: Ehhh.

CENTURION: Pilate wants to see you!

BRIAN: Me?

CENTURION: Come on!

BRIAN: Pilate? What does he want to see me for?

CENTURION: I think he wants to know which way up you want to be crucified.

BEN: Oh, ha ha ha haa! Ha haa! Nice one, Centurion. Like it. Like it.

CENTURION: Shut up!

BEN: Right. Right. Terrific race, the Romans. Terrific.

End of this clip:

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
I keep getting booted out - pretty regularly. If I logon again, it all works fine, but when I come back a few hours later I get "Atticus (5Y......) has been removed from your account" (or something like that). Is anyone else having this problem? It's really annoying!

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
This is the error I'm getting:

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-4_23-3-40.png
    upload_2019-10-4_23-3-40.png
    415.1 KB · Views: 41

gangzoom

May 22, 2014
Uk
This is the error I'm getting:

Never seen that ever! Even our old X which is written off is still on the phone app as an option.

Call road side assistance and tell them you cannot access the car due to the phone app, they can run a diagnostic on the spot. Keep your VIN handy as thats how they verify your car.

LukeT

Apr 9, 2019
UK
Disabling and reenabling Mobile access might help. It can do when the app fails to communicate with/wake the car anyway.

sceptic

May 5, 2019
california
what do you see when you log in to your account on a computer? If everything is fine there then have you tried uninstalling the app then reinstalling it?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC